Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Users of Firefox browser, Important information.

Not everybodys 'box' is the same and what affects one will work fine on others
    You really got me chuckling with that one nuke....thanks for that

Nukecad,

Waterfox is worth a try.

Pale Moon, Waterfox, Sea monkey, Cyberfox, Ice Dragon, Iceweasel, Icecat, Wyzo, etc., etc.

They are all based on the Firefox open source code with a few things 'tweaked'.

(Thats what 'open source code' means, anyone is free to modify it as they like and make a new product).

Expect most of them to start blocking HTTP sites soon, if they haven't already.
    Google Chrome is already doing the same.

Not everyone is going to have a problem with this, it depends a lot on how you use your PC.
    And you can usually change a few settings like I did, or just change the way you access websites.

I was just putting out a warning for anyone who suddenly found that the change meant they were being prevented from logging in to certain websites.
    Last edited by nukecad; 09-03-17 at 23:30.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yes nuke I know they're 'open source' that's what I said 'Mozilla based'.
    Though I don't think that problem you had lays with the browser I think it's more to do with that OS (W10). M/Soft now want you to use what they want not what you want and I think you may well have problems with other independent programs.

The last I read about em is a deal done with some of the PC (box) makers (Lenovo being one of them) to make it impossible to install any of the open source OS's, Ubuntu etc, on some of there machines which have 10 pre-installed.

I updated Firefox to 52 on an old C2D box running W7pro 64bit yesterday, no problems whatsoever.

I think you may be up against MS's new business model there.

Well, I've just had a reply from a guy on another forum who was having the same problem with FFx 52 on Windows 7.

Toggling that signon.autofillForms.http setting worked for him as well.

PS.
    Mozilla have now added a note about this username/password behavour to the Firefox 52 release notes. (It wasn't in the original release notes).
    It still only says that it will display a warning for HTTP pages with logins though, doesn't mention that it can block some logins altogether.
    And the change to autofilling of forms is not mentioned at all. (yet).
    https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo.../releasenotes/
    Last edited by nukecad; 10-03-17 at 02:18.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

i have installed google chrome on windows 10 seems to run fine.