Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sick note expired ESA stopped

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    683

    Sick note expired ESA stopped

    My previous fit note expired on the 17th feb, i was due a payment last Friday 24th feb , i sent a new fit note on 22 feb after seeing my GP, it was delivered the next day 23rd feb, they still havent paid me Why are they so slow re instating payments???????? no doubt they do it so you waste money on hold ringing their useless call centres

  2. #2
    Hi
    It takes them 9days to process a sick note that you send in

    Next time your best bet is to take it to the jobcenter and they can process it the same day

    Hope that helps

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by trickytrish View Post
    Hi
    It takes them 9days to process a sick note that you send in

    Next time your best bet is to take it to the jobcenter and they can process it the same day

    Hope that helps
    I did that once and it still took them over 1 week

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    116
    They are useless when it comes to this. Since applying for ESA I had to send 2 extra sicknotes. The first arrived there with no problems. The second didn't.

    I sent it to them 2 weeks ago. I didn't have a text message off them to say they received my sicknote, but I thought nothing of it as they sent me a text when I sent the first sicknote (with ESA application), but didn't send me 1 when they received my last sick note.

    Payment day arrived, no money. I got in touch with them and yep, they havent received my sicknote. They were very unhelpful. The woman told me I can request a copy from my GP and get it scanned in at my nearest jobcentre (impossible as the nearest job centre is miles away and I cant travel about much due to anxiety problems). Or I can just sit and wait because it "might" be waiting to be scanned in.


    My take on things is they shouldn't stop someones money because they haven't received a new sicknote. Mainly because they give people 2nd class envelopes and clearly have a backlog to get through. They should issue a reminder, carry on paying, then if need be in the future if no extra sicknotes and received, request a return of the payment.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Careruk26 View Post
    They are useless when it comes to this. Since applying for ESA I had to send 2 extra sicknotes. The first arrived there with no problems. The second didn't.

    I sent it to them 2 weeks ago. I didn't have a text message off them to say they received my sicknote, but I thought nothing of it as they sent me a text when I sent the first sicknote (with ESA application), but didn't send me 1 when they received my last sick note.

    Payment day arrived, no money. I got in touch with them and yep, they havent received my sicknote. They were very unhelpful. The woman told me I can request a copy from my GP and get it scanned in at my nearest jobcentre (impossible as the nearest job centre is miles away and I cant travel about much due to anxiety problems). Or I can just sit and wait because it "might" be waiting to be scanned in.


    My take on things is they shouldn't stop someones money because they haven't received a new sicknote. Mainly because they give people 2nd class envelopes and clearly have a backlog to get through. They should issue a reminder, carry on paying, then if need be in the future if no extra sicknotes and received, request a return of the payment.
    I always send sick notes using the To Sign For service, So i know if & when it has been delivered to the black hole of wolverhampton , i bit the bullet and rang them, and although it was delivered on the 23rd feb,it still isn't showing on their sysyem ,(so hasn't been scanned yet) but after checking when the last fit note expired and because it didn't have an end date,(mine never do) i was told that they should have extended the cut off date by 10 days and therefore should have been paid on my normal day , so have now been paid, all swallowed up by my overdraft as i'm still spending 3 weeks money before it's paid, due to the DWP and it's lack of urgency in processing claims after stopping the claim when they shouldn't have
    And a heads up for anyone ringing the dwp call centre, they have now put a 30sec announcement about UC before the usual other useless info, designed to waste your time and run up your phone bill, but if you press 1 and then after a second or so 1 again you by pass the announcements, and get the useless talk to dwp robot, that doesn't recognise speech properly, this is another waste of time i hate it, it drives me mad

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    219
    I agree with what trickytrish has said.

    I take my sick note into my local Job Center (having either photocopied or photographed it before.)

    On the top of the sick note I write "Please pay outstanding payment ASAP".

    Depending on what time of day I've taken my sick note in, I've got my money in my bank account either that day or the next working day.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhxu View Post
    I agree with what trickytrish has said.

    I take my sick note into my local Job Center (having either photocopied or photographed it before.)

    On the top of the sick note I write "Please pay outstanding payment ASAP".

    Depending on what time of day I've taken my sick note in, I've got my money in my bank account either that day or the next working day.
    Well you have better JC+ staff than i do at my local joke shop , 10 days from me handing it in is a joke, Then you have them sometimes refusing to even see you without you first getting an appointment , And not only this i do have mobility problems so can do without having to mess about going to and from the JC
    I once wront my GP's name on the fit note, they told me not to write anything on them, a completely different experience to yours

Similar Threads

  1. Sick/Fit Note
    By Pickles69 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-08-16, 16:27
  2. Sick note for appeal
    By Velvet in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-05-16, 15:45
  3. Sick note runs out on payday?
    By grissom123 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-01-15, 13:57
  4. Sick Note
    By sea queen in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-14, 09:49
  5. quick just questin about sick note
    By nal_sal in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-13, 18:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •