Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tightening Up of WCA on the way

brightonbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Good post brightombelle;............The government B]must[/B] reply to all of the recommendations in the report.

This shows that the proposals in the Green Paper are far from being a done deal, but are still being actively discussed.
    (That's what a Green Paper is - a proposal for discussion).
    ...and this is my point. The more people that are aware of what's going - then the more they can voice their opinions - especially to M.Ps but also any media who ask for feedback and things like that. For those who feel capable, we need to let individuals or organisations who will be involved in the discussion know what our views are. Through them we can try to influence the formation of the green paper.

The work and health programme will be up and running before the legislation, because its replacing an existing work programme. It's the legislation that will make the changes to "add on" more of us ESA claimants. So now is the right time to get noisy about the subject.

------------------------------------------------------------------

can I also take a moment to say....its great to be appreciated for clarifying things
    but, I'd like to mention the fact that this thread was started by JARD.....he had the balls to start this in the first place, and was the first to supply links etc....so sending a bit of Jard appreciation his way
    Last edited by brightonbelle; 07-03-17 at 09:28.

To those in northern Scotland it seems UC isn't working

http://www.thenational.scot/news/151...versal_Credit/

brightonbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
    To those in northern Scotland it seems UC isn't working

http://www.thenational.scot/news/151...versal_Credit/
    The system is shambolic. Its years behind. Its not fit for purpose. But still, they roll it out.

"A DWP spokesman said: “Our research shows that the majority of Universal Credit claimants are comfortable managing their budgets, and we’re working with local authorities and landlords to get extra support to those people who may find themselves in arrears.”

.....well..that depends on the quality of the research. If it was independent and took a cross section of UC claimants then possibly.....but seeing as it is "our" research that implies they selected their research carefully. Not hard to conclude a positive spin if you only study the ones not struggling. As for" working with local authorities and landlords".....that's DWP speak for "we aint budging and giving any more housing allowance, the landlord can lower the rent or the LA can make discretionary housing payments. Its not our problem.

lots of info to digest (yikes) i can see it now

1. even though you are in constant pain 24/7 > you are now fit for work.

2.even though you mite seriously attack someone due to mental health problems. > you are now fit for work. dont worry though, free bread and bored at hmp when you do.

i take it all with a pinch of salt atm.as others have said it take them years to do anything lol

Thanks for some very useful info clearly explained and put into perspective. I really think this sort of stuff needs to be out in the open - I'm a firm believer in knowledge is power.
    Keep up the good work.

Referring back to part of brightonbelle's post of yesterday talking about people in the support group with severe and lifelong disabilities, I have wondered (take that as hoped!) the DWP would use the information it already holds for people who are in the support group, when a paper only ESA assessment says that work in the future is unlikely.

Sorry having a bad day I can't remember the name or numbers of these forms.

Quote Originally Posted by brightonbelle View Post
    ...and this is my point. The more people that are aware of what's going - then the more they can voice their opinions - especially to M.Ps but also any media who ask for feedback and things like that. For those who feel capable, we need to let individuals or organisations who will be involved in the discussion know what our views are. Through them we can try to influence the formation of the green paper.

The work and health programme will be up and running before the legislation, because its replacing an existing work programme. It's the legislation that will make the changes to "add on" more of us ESA claimants. So now is the right time to get noisy about the subject.

------------------------------------------------------------------

can I also take a moment to say....its great to be appreciated for clarifying things
    but, I'd like to mention the fact that this thread was started by JARD.....he had the balls to start this in the first place, and was the first to supply links etc....so sending a bit of Jard appreciation his way
    Hiya there brightonbelle
    Many thanks for the mention above, might just be the water tablets though , but it's a real boost to the Ol' grizzled and battered ego.

It's clear to see you've been a very Busy Bee over the last few days and you can't be thanked enough for that marvelous effort. You deserve a lot more than a cup of char for that. As you make plain none of this is about scaremongering, it's about getting and being better informed and the more of us that look, the more we will find.
    I for one didn't realise, as you point out in your precis of the Green Paper that the thin end of the wedge is coming this year, in the replacement of the Work Program and the beginnings of the selection of/for non-reassessment in SG, before publication of the White Paper!, unusual (perhaps more like underhanded) to say the least that.

Contrary to what some here may think this is going to happen, we are dealing with a Government with a majority whipping this into Statute will be a formality for them.
    The only 'discussions' I can see, will be about:

1)
    The How,
    2)
    The When,
    3)
    and;The Where of it all.

Hopefully there will be room for some challenges amongst that lot.
    So if anyone finds any links to any new info please deposit here, or if perhaps someone could possibly formulate a template for a letter/email to petition our MP's for information//support, it may do some good ?.

Quote Originally Posted by buble48 View Post
    Referring back to part of brightonbelle's post of yesterday talking about people in the support group with severe and lifelong disabilities, I have wondered (take that as hoped!) the DWP would use the information it already holds for people who are in the support group, when a paper only ESA assessment says that work in the future is unlikely.

Sorry having a bad day I can't remember the name or numbers of these forms.
    Hiya there buble
    I think you may talking about your 'prognosis' as seen on the bottom of your ESA85/85a assessment report, "a return to work unlikely in the longer term" etc.
    It looks from the Green Paper that, that will be one part of the criteria for that 'select' group, but they haven't announced the full criteria to be met yet.
    It also looks like it may only apply to new claims to start, it will probably take them years to work their way through all the retests of us already claiming, as it says this is a 10yr plan.

In the social security response to the green paper, there is a suggestion of cutting back the higher rate support payments and replacing it via PIP..........I doubt this would be automatic, so would require a PIP assessment for those not yet on PIP..........So another way of weeding out and casting off claimants....
    If I come across as cynical it is because I am..

brightonbelle
    Be cynical.

Yes, they intend to carry on paying out for LCW and LCWRA - but they want to redefine payments. To ensure "employment support" ie universal credit, is for those fit for work now, or likely to be fit for work in the future. LCWRA may get paid as "disability support", through PIP, and therefore although technically under UC for the process of claiming, the award is paid outside of UC. Amazingly, if they do the unemployment figures from the amount of claims made the figures will be high. If they do it from the amount of UC awards paid, the figures will be low.

Not only that. Their plans (may or may not happen) are to have just one WCA that is separate from the financial award process (ie in the past you claim, have the assessment, get the payments - they want you to claim, have a WCA, get a health "status", and then be financially assessed, then get payments). They are considering a WCA that encompasses all relevant questions to the different benefits, ie PIP and CB ESA/UC questions. The idea being that all information is gathered to establish LCW or LCWRA status (for UC, CBESA) or disability status (standard, enhanced) ready for financial assessment of the original benefit being claimed. If the person claims PIP, the idea is that they may go onto claim UC and only need a paper based assessment (and vice versa).

On the one hand its good, just one load of stress and anxiety for a face to face. On the other hand, the WCA information will be available for any subsequent claim made by the person. They haven't indicated a willingness to use the WCA to assess other benefits automatically. It would be very easy for claimants new to benefits, or the vulnerable claimant, to think "hey, I'm being assessed against criteria for UC and PIP, so I'm going to be assessed for both" and assume an award for the UC they claimed for, is all their entitled to. After all, if the person is not in receipt of PIP, like you say, how can they receive the "disability support". It maybe that the financial assessment part of the process advises them to claim PIP in order to receive "support".

Maybe if enough noise is created.....the white paper gets adjusted. Could we get them to do a multi benefit assessment from one WCA? probably not. "too complicated for the computer systems". But if all they had to do was to amend an award letter with a paragraph saying "the WCA has resulted in you qualifying for LCW status to support your claim for UC. In addition, the WCA results indicate the potential to qualify for PIP subject to a claim being made". Also, they would have to do something to address the potential situation of a person qualifying for LCW/RA * " support", and not entitled to a PIP. They would have to pay it somehow.

BB
    *extra support component for being LCWRA ( no component for LCW from this April)
    also, LCW component will still be available post April for existing LCWRA claimants moved to LCW.
    Last edited by brightonbelle; 24-03-17 at 11:33.