Thread: Advice needed on the best wheelchair for rolling, before tolietting

Advice needed on the best wheelchair for rolling, before tolietting

Can anyone advise me which specific wheelchair would be best for rolling in, in order to remove trousers? I have money for a power chair... but I am also considering a manual chair, because of my visual impairment, comparatively small flat, and just general unease about possibility of PAs damaging power chair (if I had one with attendant controls). I am in two minds about whether to try to get a manual one or a power one... Can someone with experience tell me how they manage to remove their trousers, and put on a sling, in order to go to the toilet? It must somehow be possible! but I suppose I need one that with enough space for me to roll on my side, and also something to stop me rolling too much, and ending up on the floor.

Any thoughts welcome

I may be wrong here but I think one the arm rests come off is what you need. Just reverse along side,remove the armrest that suits and slide over? I don't do myself so just a guess. Hope it helps?

Choosing a power wheelchair is a big decision. We understand how tough these kinds of choices can be, and our goal is to give you all of the facts so you can stay informed and get all of your preferences met. Knowing the basics of what each kind of electric wheelchair offers is the first step in this journey, and understanding which applications and features go along with each model comes next.