cuts

m on IB and have been be fore 97 and get £108 per week and my

partier is on contribution based esa which is due to end on 30 April

and will not receive any money but will still credit ni contributions,

and should apply for income-related esa.Askst about this today

we can apply as a couple and the rate would be£111 per week

even after her GP still thinks she is not fit to work (mental health]

we are at our wits end with the loss of over £99 per week just don,t

know how were can cope with that amount to drop a week.

It's a big drop indeed and I feel for you. I think everyone seem to be in the same boat.

I am still learning about ESA myself and must admit I am struggling with my finance too. I am down by £50 per week and It's hard. I am a single mum and lately my parents has been helping me out. Which I really appreciated it so much.

I am assuming you are on DLA, If not apply for DLA. Sorry I haven't been much help.

wmd,

Yes that drop will hurt. I know you said your partner has worked and has some mental health issues. I'm trying to think creativelyso don't be offended.

I visit my local Tesco Extrawhich has a Costa Coffee shop inside. There's a woman who has Down Syndrome who works for them. She works 3 days a week for 6 hours a day and she cleans tables, collects trays and seems quite happy trying to interact with the customers. She can't actually string a sentence together that makes sense but she does try to communicate. And she amazes me as she works really hard and is an asset to the team and is respected.

What I'm trying to say is that your partner may stand a good chance of getting a job at a supermarket part-time which would more than make up for the loss of income but also get her/him out of the house. I'm not saying it would happen overnight but unless tried you'll never know.

It's turning a negative situation into a positive one. Just go for it - they've nothing to loose.

Just to offer my support: I agree with all that has been said. Do look into other benefits & options for employment. No one can say it will happen, but if we try at least we are doing something.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by wmd View Post
    m on IB and have been be fore 97 and get £108 per week and my

partier is on contribution based esa which is due to end on 30 April

and will not receive any money but will still credit ni contributions,

and should apply for income-related esa.Askst about this today

we can apply as a couple and the rate would be£111 per week

even after her GP still thinks she is not fit to work (mental health]

we are at our wits end with the loss of over £99 per week just don,t

know how were can cope with that amount to drop a week.
    Assuming you do not have capital over £6,000 or any other income, it would be best for you to claim income support to top up your ICB. The income support rate will be £111.45 for a couple plus £43.25 disability premium as you have been ill for over a year. Total £154.70 less your ICB of £108 leaves £46.60 income support plus you will get help with rent/mortgage/council tax.

This will give you more as a couple than your partner would get claiming income based ESA as that benefit does not include the £43.25 a week disability premium. Income based ESA will be £111.45 plus £28.15 work related activity component. total £139.60 a week less £108 ICB leaves £31.60 income based ESA. you get more via income support.

Use this link to find out more;

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Dire...acts/DG_195356

thank yous for replys but if my partener had to work more then 16hours a week they will stop my money.Sorry with new rates i will get £111 a week and if i did not have a partener i still get £111 so i get no extra for my partener.

Quote Originally Posted by wmd View Post
    thank yous for replys but if my partener had to work more then 16hours a week they will stop my money.Sorry with new rates i will get £111 a week and if i did not have a partener i still get £111 so i get no extra for my partener.

What Duncan is saying is that you should get extra Income Support because you are on long term Incapacity yourself. And as I understand it he is also suggesting (correct me please Duncan if I'm wrong!) that your partner wouldn't need to claim ESA anymore - that you just claim as a couple.
    But if there are no children, and your figures indicate that they're aren't - your partner would then be required to sign on as available for work. That might not be as bad as it sounds because she could ask to be seen by a Disability Employment Advisor and may not get too much hassle. So it could be worth a try.
    I would suggest though that you both consider making claims for DLA. If successful they could increase your joint Income Support even more.

ncome
    Quote Originally Posted by Carneucopia View Post
    What Duncan is saying is that you should get extra come SupportIn because you are on long term Incapacity yourself. And as I understand it he is also suggesting (correct me please Duncan if I'm wrong!) that your partner wouldn't need to claim ESA anymore - that you just claim as a couple.
    But if there are no children, and your figures indicate that they're aren't - your partner would then be required to sign on as available for work. That might not be as bad as it sounds because she could ask to be seen by a Disability Employment Advisor and may not get too much hassle. So it could be worth a try.
    I would suggest though that you both consider making claims for DLA. If successful they could increase your joint Income Support even more.
    Thank you for your reply seems i was given wrong info by esa phoned Backpool and was told to caim income support and i aso get DLA(mob higher rate)THANK YOU ALL FOR HELP.

One thing, NEVER believe what any Benefit staff say, ALWAYS check, always confirm it. I can give you stories of people who have missed out on months or years of benefits because of being given the wrong info. When my mother became disabled all income stopped for us, we needed benefits badly. We were told my mother could not claim Income Support, 3 months later I found out she could. Even then I had trouble getting the Jobcentre to accept this. They have also tried to get me to claim benefits I cannot claim, as daft as that sounds. Sending me forms for benefits that I had to fill in or other benefits would stop.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Long-term Incapacity Benefit last year £94.25
    Long-term Incapacity Benefit for age last year £13.80
    Long-term Incapacity Benefit for age this year £11.70
    Long-term Incapacity Benefit for this year £99.15
    So i get £4.90more on to my ib and£2.10 less ib for age so in fact i ony get £2.80 more a week not £4.90
    is this the only benefit this happens to i think it is.