Thread: How long

How long

Can anyone give me an idea how long it takes to have the health assessment after you fill in the big health form
    And I don't understand the 13 weeks the ESA go on about.
    Thanks for your help in advance
    Graham

pip, its usually 2-3 weeks after they receive your form they send details of an assessment appointment, and that's usually another 2-3 weeks time.

esa, 13 weeks, it was intended when esa started that claimants would send in forms attend assessment and get a result within 13 weeks this seldom happens, due to the assessment providers and dwp having a backlog of claims.

so you claim esa assessment rate for the first 13 weeks, no matter how many weeks after that you are assessed and given wrag or sg, you will then be entitled to extra premium for that group, the premium would be backdated to the start of the 14 week. so if you waited 20 weeks before assessment you would be entitled to 7 weeks extra premium, and then every week going forwards.

hope iv'e made it understandable for you.

Slipmaster, thanks for that, the only reason I am asking is 06th Feb is the 13th week, and not heard anything about assessment yet.
    Have already had PIP assessment but that's another story.

I've heard ESA has a huge back log of forms, don't worry you'll still get a back payment given to after you've been assessed, I waited 17 weeks for my first esa assessment and got decision on the 22nd week if your successful PIP payment is already decided you'll then be entitled to top up premiums if you receive certain parts of the daily living PIP make sure you inform them of your PIP outcome and hopefully you'll be on a higher amount every fortnight