Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PIP INVESTIGATION: Assessment reports show widespread dishonesty by nurses

My assessment was on 6th Jan so just 3 weeks

My Capita assessor lied through her teeth & I was awarded 4 points for mobility only.
    This was increased to 10 mobility & 9 care points at appeal.
    That sums it up exactly.

Well mine lied through his backside sorry but I was awarded 00000000000 every thing

My wife lost her DLA just over a year ago due to PIP assessment. For the "how far can you walk?" question, she described the length of our garden and said that if she goes that far she walks with a crutch and has to rest on a bench before returning. He then asked her to look out of the window and point to something that far away. The car park of the assessment centre had one driving lane with parking spaces down both sides of it. No more than 20 metres wide. She pointed to a tree adjacent to the fence on the far side and said "about as far as that tree". He wrote "client indicated that she can walk more than 50 metres unaided". Didn't bother to appeal as the best she could hope for was lower rate mob, and didn't want the stress of going through it all again.

How can they get away with these blatant lies ALL the time.

They, the DWP get away with it for several reasons. Capita, Atos etc. are contracted by the DWP to handle assessments. The DWP is a govt department told what to do. This govt have no shame in saying that they want to reduce benefit costs.
    Another reason is a lot of people who are not receiving any benefits & paying income tax are easily convinced that all benefit claimants are liars & cheats & they are paying for our benefits. What happened to all our money we paid in to the system all our lives ? An old army strategy is "divide your enemy", that is exactly the reason the govt get away with what they are doing.

I would love every person who is denied the rightful benefit what they are entitled to, pursue their claim to a tribunal.
    Perhaps then more people might take notice.

Meanwhile, to everyone facing the DWP "treadmill" don't worry, fight them back !
    Last edited by gus607; 19-02-17 at 08:07.

Before I start I would like to say I am in no way racist.

I had a woman who I though was real nice in my first PIP F2F. A snake! I was brought up to show manners and respect to my elders,even if they didn't deserve it. If not I got cuffed! I would struggle not to say "thanks for adding to my nightmare you reptile"! If I met her today. ????

I had a Burmese guy who couldn't write proper English for my MR. I though he was waiting to see if I picked him up on it,he wasn't. He really wrote terrible English. I also found out in my tribunal pack he was a physiotherapist. He rushed and tried to put words in my mouth. My partner of 15 years(recently split) told him to let me answer for myself. Now I have to go to tribunal! I hobbled into my first app on 2 sticks,I am now in a wheelchair 100% if I am out. Most of the time indoors too. I was reduced from high care standard mobility to standard on both at MR! They also threw in a change of circumstances too so I am still a bit confused as to whether I had the Burmese guy at MR or COC.

It has made a bad trip a nightmare! Someone should be held accountable when messing peoples life like that.

They are a bunch of shameless twits with zero empathy. I have been really naive in dealing with them but thankfully I'm waking up and realise you've got to fight tooth n nail to get what you deserve.