Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIP INVESTIGATION: Assessment reports show widespread dishonesty by nurses

PIP INVESTIGATION: Assessment reports show widespread dishonesty by nurses

No surprise, but DWP will never admit it's true.

So tell me this. So someone who has entered the caring profession and ends up doing things like this, what's in it for them, more money, better working conditions or both.

Quote Originally Posted by smokie899 View Post
    So tell me this. So someone who has entered the caring profession and ends up doing things like this, what's in it for them, more money, better working conditions or both.
    Who really knows, I suspect it is money, the route of all evil.

my partner has just been through this .. its a disgrace we have filed a complaint to ATOS who employ the nurses who assess you and is contracted by the DWP (PIP) claims department ,,,

there are a few issues but we are seeking CAB advise at this time and looking at a tribunal after DWP's/DfC's reconsidered decision ,,,

1 main issue is

score level for the 10 daily living activities scored

preparing food =0

i prepare her food at all times as she has colitis and requires dietary needs along with learning disabilities reading instructions and understanding them and dysphagia a condition that effects her coordination ..
    in 12 months i have replaced
    2x microwaves
    3x pan sets
    1x cooker

reading score =8
    you cant read or understand signs,symbols and words at all

preparing food =0
    you can prepare and cook a simple meal unaided

example
    microwave meal...

so how can she read and understand cooking instructions on microwave meals packaging and what microwave meals from any supermarket in the world comes in plastic tubs where as people with such disabilities is able to use in such a way as not to burn scold or injure themselves with a breathable and removable lid to reduce such injuries IE AIR TIGHT RESEALABLE CONTAINER WITH THE LIFT TAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LID.

managing your treatments =0

i get her monthly prescriptions from the chemist and sort them in to daily dosage and supervise her taking them
    as she has a tendency to forget if not reminded or instructed

washing and bathing score =4

she needs assisting to get in and out of the bath and washing her hair she can wash her self only by means of a giant car washing sponge i purchase for her she is a grown woman she has to have some Independence and dignity she cant grip very well and her coordination in using her hands is limited due to her dysphagia and she can only use a bath as with her dysphagia she stumbles around and is at risk of injury in the shower

reading
    score =8
    you cant read or understand signs,symbols and words at all

but yet under mobility scoring

planning and following a journey=0
    you can plan and follow a route of a journey unaided

(you cant read or understand signs,symbols and words at all) bet yet she can plan and follow a journey ?????????

it goes on with the scoring

dressing =0
    communicating=0
    mixing with other people=0
    making budgeting decisions=0

a bit of contradiction i think ???

my partner is fully supported and supervised in most activities in her daily life ,
    we have been together for 3 year ,,,it is hard work ,it sometimes can be exhausting ,it can push your limits ,, but i see the person on the inside loving ,caring ,honest and most off all a human being .. we are getting married this year i see my future wife as a Pearson these people see her as a debt or burden to society and a waste of tax payers money ,,,this is 2017 not 1900's
    Last edited by tony1974; 29-01-17 at 03:39.

It is definitely money. The positions are listed on job sites paying a 34k salary. I believe that is more than they would be paid using their skills working for the NHS to help people

In every profession there will be those who do not carry out their tasks as they should, probably down to boredom, they ask the same questions day in and day out, it is inevitable that their minds will wander and when filling out their reports, a bit of imagination can creep in or they may even mix up clients, they are not infallible.

From my own f2f , I noticed the interviewer was following a script which has no leeway.

"How did I find my way here?" "A little voice in the car directed me (sat nag)

"Can I prepare and cook a meal i.e chop veg?"
    "I can, but I am restricted to hob level as I cannot stoop low enough to use the main oven, I have to rely on a slow cooker or halogen oven on the worktop."
    The nurse has to accept yes as my answer which I think would earn me a zero score. The ins and outs would have to be argued on appeal.

Can I tie my laces? I tie them once when purchased before putting them on but loose enough to slip on and off without touching, usually I buy slip ons...again "yes"......but I have trouble with socks and I cannot cut my toenails.
    I would score another zero as I answered the question concerning dressing as asked with a yes.

Can I read a book? I can but the same page over and over again....therefore I can read.

On reaching the end of the book she said "That's it, thank you" so now I wait for the result.

It's a long journey and I have the option of appeals if declined, but at least I got my petrol money back so nothing lost and if at the end of it all I am turned down, I won't miss what I never had.

Surely the simplest and cheapest way would be to have a CCTV and audio recording of all assessments that would protect claimant and assessor. I do suspect from my own assessment report that there is a delay in writing them up and this leads to errors. An assessor prob sees several clients in a day then needs to write this up.

Received my PiP letter this morning and it is as I expected.

Preparing food 0/8
    Eating and drinking 0/10
    Managing treatments 0/8
    washing & bathing 2/8
    toilet needs 2/8
    Dressing 2/8
    communicating 0/12
    reading 0/8
    mixing with others 0/8
    budgeting 0/6
    Planning a journey 0/12
    moving around 4/12

Disappointed that I did not score enough but I can't really argue with the result, I can say that the assessor was both truthful and honest given her hands were tied to the questions. I'll have to seek advice on contesting the decision.

Hi Suffolkbobby how long till you got a reply. I had my assessment on weds last week