Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clumsiness!

Clumsiness!

Is anyone else as clumsy as me?

In November I spent 10 days in Hospital after breaking and dislocating my ankle due to being clumsy. It involved my ankle bring manipulated, put in a cast and then an operation the day before my birthday to pin and plate my ankle back together. I spent my birthday in hospital throwing up due to a reaction to Morphine!

It is in the same leg as my bad knee so it has had a knock on effect. I have been housebound since leaving hospital on 29th November. Nor was a check done to see if it was safe for me to come home but that's a whole different matter (I'm in the process of making a complaint)

I start physio on Tuesday and was told I need to book hospital transport like for my fracture clinic appointment.

Ouch, I thought I'd had a bad few months but at least I can still get out of the house.

Use the hospital transport they are very good, I've been using them back and forward to Carlisle Hospital except for the 3 times I went in the back of an ambulance.

Good wishes for a full recovery, hope you're feeling better soon.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

It's going to be a long process!

I've had 2 good experiences with hospital transport and 1 badly planned one (where the discharge co-ordinator failed to tell them that I was not mobile, and they left me at the front door, forcing me to hop and then weight bear when I wasn't supposed to for 8 weeks)

Yes, that is an odd thing I've noticed.

I have no trouble booking them from home, but for some reason they don't seem to like the nurses booking one for your discharge.

They seem to make it more awkward for the nurses.

After my PCI I gave the nurse the patient contact phone number instead of the hospital contact number and she had no problems with them.

The ones we have booked ourselves have been nothing short of amazing.

We have given them details of what I can and can't manage and they have worked around it. they even bring the hat-like sick bowls for me as I get extremely travel sick. The first fracture clinic appointment they tried to use a carry chair with me which caused a panic attack, now they wheel the trolley into the hall way here and I hop to it with a walking frame. They even play music I like now in the bus ??

When I was having my heart stented just before christmas the surgeon asked if I was OK with the music he was playing, Frankie Goes to Hollywood's "Welcome to the Pleasuredome" album.

Yes, I might even have picked that one myself given a choice.

I had "Spirit in the Sky" playing when having a CT scan after a cancer op.

I had "This is the end" by The Doors when I was getting a CT scan of my lungs!!

........just joking.............................

Ironically, I love both of those songs! not very subtle though, lol.

My first physio session was on Tuesday, and because I was the only client there, I got to choose the radio station. Planet rock, of course.

Certainly made physio more interesting!