Thread: PIP Tribunal - Odd Outcome?

PIP Tribunal - Odd Outcome?

I had my PiP tribunal hearing yesterday (Friday) at 3pm.

I was awarded standard rate for daily living and mobility back in the summer but after contacting a welfare officer I was supported to go for the tribunal as enhanced for both should have been awarded.
    Anyway, when I got the to the court my welfare Officer told me, that the court had expressed they wanted to see me earlier in the day but he was busy so couldn't.... I'm hoping that didn't piss the judging panel off and therefore meant I lost my claim.

I am on high level drugs that make it hard for me to understand what I'm being asked and also affect my emotions so I do feel I waffled on and didn't get to the point on a few occasions as I just couldn't understand what was being asked.
    The panel really grilled me and I became emotional on a few occasions! My advisor even said when it finished I did well for co tuning to answer their questions etc as they weren't being very kind.
    Anyway, prior to going in, my advisor said I has an extremely positive case and he wouldn't expect it to be thrown out as I have more than enough evidence to back up my conditions and points and then he said most people are told at the court of the outcome unless they feel you will be aggressive and they send it in the post.
    At the end, the judge said he will send my result by post, so I am now thinking I must not of had any change as they would have surely just told me there and then should it be in my favour...? Then I think maybe because it was 4:30 on a Friday they wanted to get home so couldn't be bothered to discuss it and call me back in? Or felt because I was so emotional during the hearing, the negative outcome would send me
    Over the top!

Has anyone else not been given a result on the day but done on to recover something positive in the post?I just feel me crying and my advisor not being able to make it earlier has meant I've been penalised! Hate this waiting game
    Too

Try and relax and take your mind of it until you've received the decision, many people have them posted and it's been a good outcome, it's an independent person who will make your decision and they won't penalise you for anything, there's more successful decisions at tribunals and MR than the first decision on an application for the claim, hopefully you'll receive it soon, again don't read horror stories of failed tribunals each one is different.

Best of luck

Hi cbchapman

Sorry to hear this was an ordeal for you. It's not unusual for the tribunal to post your results, often it's a case of time getting them typed up, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Good luck and take care.

Mags

I don't think the panel would hold it against you for not turning up early - you're not a mind reader you couldn't have known to turn up before the time stated on your appointment letter.

As for posting out the results, it's not unusual for them to do that. They only have a certain amount of time for each case so if they're running behind then they just post it out to you. I think they're relatively quick about it. I've heard of people receiving the decision letter within a couple of days.

Hope you get the decision you want!

This happened to me they took all my points away and put me back on zero . Despite having xrays mri resualts hight medication dr reports and a letter fromv the gp waiting for my statement of reason. My gp said he wajts me to take it all the way and he will go out his way and attend in person he is discusted and can not undet stand why they had done that to me . Good luck hope your out come is better then mine xxxx

There's nothing "Odd" about this "Outcome", plenty of decisions get delivered by post. Besides, if they were considering withdrawing your award completely they are duty bound to inform you and provide the opportunity for you to withdraw your Appeal before they issue that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by cbchapman View Post
    I had my PiP tribunal hearing yesterday (Friday) at 3pm.

I was awarded standard rate for daily living and mobility back in the summer but after contacting a welfare officer I was supported to go for the tribunal as enhanced for both should have been awarded.
    Anyway, when I got the to the court my welfare Officer told me, that the court had expressed they wanted to see me earlier in the day but he was busy so couldn't.... I'm hoping that didn't piss the judging panel off and therefore meant I lost my claim.

I am on high level drugs that make it hard for me to understand what I'm being asked and also affect my emotions so I do feel I waffled on and didn't get to the point on a few occasions as I just couldn't understand what was being asked.
    The panel really grilled me and I became emotional on a few occasions! My advisor even said when it finished I did well for co tuning to answer their questions etc as they weren't being very kind.
    Anyway, prior to going in, my advisor said I has an extremely positive case and he wouldn't expect it to be thrown out as I have more than enough evidence to back up my conditions and points and then he said most people are told at the court of the outcome unless they feel you will be aggressive and they send it in the post.
    At the end, the judge said he will send my result by post, so I am now thinking I must not of had any change as they would have surely just told me there and then should it be in my favour...? Then I think maybe because it was 4:30 on a Friday they wanted to get home so couldn't be bothered to discuss it and call me back in? Or felt because I was so emotional during the hearing, the negative outcome would send me
    Over the top!

Has anyone else not been given a result on the day but done on to recover something positive in the post?I just feel me crying and my advisor not being able to make it earlier has meant I've been penalised! Hate this waiting game
    Too
    Hi
    My son had his tribunal today and the same happened to him. They said they had a lot of information to go through so would receive a decision in the posts.
    Just wondering how you got on

That's what they said to me .... have you got your results yet x