Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow and cold weather

Snow and cold weather

Is anyone else feeling grumpy about the weather? Snow is forecast here in a couple of hours time, may well not come to much. My day off, would like to go out, but don't need to. Snow and wheelchairs aren't fun, neither is wheelchairs and strong winds. So afternoon with feet up is probably the thing to do, just itching to get out! Thinking of people whose disability makes it often difficult to get out, know I shouldn't moan really.

I am. I love the snow, but as you say 'Snow and wheelchairs aren't fun'.

I used to love building snowmen, skiing and generally just playing in and with it.

My mobility scooter is better than most (TGA Breeze 4), but has road tyres on. I really must see about getting some 'knobblies' for it. Note to self - search on Google in a minute.

It's only raining here at the moment and even Dug (my Assistance Dog) is sat here with a long face.

Oh well. Look on the bright side - once these fronts have cleared we've two days of sunshine to look forward to tomorrow and Saturday.

Yes, we're due for snow flurries from 7 pm tonight in South Manchester at 1C. But we'll be having all sun from 11am on Friday so all snow should be gone by lunchtime all being well. There's always the Trafford Centre!

Raining here,and very cold
    Tempted to stay in but have sol an electric shower on eBay and must take it to a parcel shop
    Still in pj,s at mo,as it take me a long time to do stuff,been up since nine,but still pottering
    Bath soon and then brave the weather
    Hoping it might at least stop raining ?

As I spend about 95% of my time in the house it doesn't affect me that much, heating is on at a constant 21c so still warm enough even when brass monkeys are knocking at the door

That being said, I did force myself out last night for a massive 5 mile drive into Durham to do a bit of target shooting, high winds and rain so probably not the best night to have chosen!. I'm supposed to be there tonight but not sure if I'll manage two trips in one week!.

Stay warm folks

21° ? I'd be suffocating. 18° here is plenty.
    I keep the solid fuel burner topped up so I can watch the flames.

It's colder up here in The North you know

We have no cavity wall insulation and some rather leaky old wooden double glazing which the housing ass. keeps promising to replace. Apparently they told one of my neighbours we were all getting new windows and doors when they moved in, that was about 8 years ago so I'm not holding my breath!

I am now washed,dressed and the house tidied
    It is still pouring
    Aimed to leave house at four,but am now desperate for a nap zzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    Bath soon and then brave the weather
    Maybe the other way round might be better, nice bath to warm you up again after you get back?

Furthest I'm going today is 20m across the road to the Pub for an hour or so.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Well I'm still here, -2 outside at the moment and the thought of going out triggered the IBS yet again, so 6 Imodium & 4 Codeine Phosphate an hour ago so I may get out at 7 (if I dare risk it)