Thread: UFO Space

UFO Space

Ok nothing about benefits and i'm at a loss what site to look on last month i saw something in the sky i zoomed in with my camera and it was something that had white, red and blue lights it wasn't a plane as it was stationary so i tried to video it when i watched it it looked like someone was far off running about with a torch. Over the weeks i've seen it several times tonight it seemed more white i took a pic and then i used crop to zoom in, i have tried attaching 3pics 1 of which is the moon tonight so you know it's not the moon. I hope the pics come up when i post it but i just wondered if anyone else has been seeing things recently or if anyone as any sites where i could ask questions thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF3377.JPG   DSCF3358.jpg   DSCF3357.jpg  

Biscuitgazer
    If the lights were white, red and green then they are navigation lights on a plane. Here on Lincolnshire they fly some very slow-moving or hovering spy planes, and those have nav. lights. Maybe the police have spy planes too . But blue lights, not sure. I'll be on the lookout for your pics to be approved.

I'm curious about 'sightings' as well.
    They're always unexplained convincingly, and 'you' are normally the only person who witnesses the event.

Try a Google search for 'UFO sightings' - you are not alone!

Both Venus and Mars look very close to the moon at the moment, you can see both with the naked eye.
    Venus is pretty easy to spot, it's that bright object to the right of the moon.
    Mars is a bit harder to see but as of last night was exactly half way on a straight line between the moon and Venus.

As for UFO's ther must be thousands of websites about them, serious ones and frankly ridiculous ones.

I would have said your lights were probably a helicopter stooging around in the distance, but that photo looks more like a planet.
    Hard to tell as your blown up photos give no idea of scale.

I would suggest that you try a site such as Heavens Above to check what planets, commets, satellites, etc. are currently visible in the sky where you are, at least then you can rule those out.
    http://www.heavens-above.com/
    If you put that on your phone, give up your location, go to one of the sky charts, and hold the phone above your head with the top pointing North, then the chart lines up with the sky.

Funny story about UFOs,
    There is a local road over the fells that every year gets reports of cars being followed by 'mysterious lights' that come and go, get closer then back off, and change colour from red through to yellow, mainly yellow with the red coming and going, sometimes both visible at the same time.
    Explanation; this road is often in thin, low cloud like a very thin mist that you hardly notice.
    The lights are the reflections of your car's tail lights off this mist, looking closer when the cloud is a bit thicker and further back when it's thinner.
    The red lights that come and go? When you touch the brakes.
    A bit unnerving when you first see it, but easily explained when you think.

EDIT
    I'm looking at those images again and wondering if this is a wind-up.
    The right one looks like a coin or medal, and the enlarged one on the left seems to have some images engraved on it.
    (A greek nymph or something in the bottom left quadrant?).
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-01-17 at 13:14.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Biscuitgazer
    I can't open the photos to look at them, I think it's my phone not allowing it. But I have just remembered my own UFO experience, which my father saw with me years ago. We both peered at the sky in astonishment from our seats in the moored boat. It was a very clear night and we could see a short, thin line across and down in the sky, like an L lying on its front, above the city. It hadn't been there on other nights and it didn't move at all while we were watching. No matter how much we thought and discussed, we could not figure it out and we are very rational people. Next morning, though, we got our explanation, it was the counterweight of a tall crane reflecting light off its edges.

Thanks for the site Nukecad no aren't a wind up i took them last night my camera as a 30X zoom and it was right of the moon so wonder if venus then,that pic wasn't of the flashing light thing i mentioned i couldn't get a pic of that it kept shooting from side to side that's why did a video but video doesn't zoom in so well. I liked the UFO story.

I agree adexico we are not alone, it's probably why i like syfy programs.

Was it Biscuitgazer or was it actually a UFO, seriously I think everyone as had some type of sighting I've had a number over the years since I was a kid.

I Like all that sort of thing the allignment of the stars with sacred sites on the planet and zodiac signs etc, i also have interest in string theory and parallel universes.

Thanks for all the replies

Just to the right of the moon (about a handspan at arms length) at the moment does sound like it's probably Venus.

Not a bad picture from your phone in that case, and would explain what I thought might be 'engravings', they would be cloud patterns.
    Try googling images of Venus and clicking on the 'image' tab, you will see some very similar images there.

Why not have a try for an image of Mars as well, if it's not already cloudy where you are?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

It's not a phone nukecad its a fujifilm camera, can't even see the moon tonight and the sky looks sort of a burgandy black colour at moment. Hadn't thought about googling venus images I'll have a look. Everytime i see something new in sky i try to get a pic i have some great shots of the moon.
    Thanks again for reply

I looked at venus images and then mars and there is a photo that looks very similar to mine that's mars very interesting. That site is great nukecad also www.space.com is interesting.