Thread: Xmas bonus (esa)

Xmas bonus (esa)

Hi guys I now it's only £10 but I haven't received an xmas bonus, I'm on esa support group but what's weird is I checked my bank statements online from last year and I didn't get paid last year either anybody got any ideas why?

Not nad mine this year and I had to chase them last year too (ESA sg)

Hi Taylor, I know that the £10 xmas bonus is paid alongside other benefits and not all claimants receive it. Have you received it in previous years or are you sure your current awards entitle you to xmas bonus? You can check your eligibility at-
    https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/overview

It is also possible that this has not been shown on your statement separately to your other payments, as it used to be in previous years. This could have just been added to your normal figure and showing as something like your national insurance no and 'ESA' or 'EESA' in some cases.

Also, I know going back to last year, or possibly year before, for a period of years the DWP had failed to pay a large number of claimants their due xmas bonus and this was down to errors in the system. However, many of these had now received these and letters were sent to those affected. In some cases this was 3 or 4 years missing bonuses! This was covered in a few posts on this site and on similar sites. You can use the search function to find relative posts.

I haven't read of similar problem arising this year, but this is not to say this is not beyond the realms of impossibility with dwp! Failing the above, it may have to be a phone call to dwp to find out what has happened.

I didn't get last year's until July of this year. This year they seem to have paid me twice so have had to write to them about that.

Last year i got mine around feb/march this year it went in about 2 or 3 weeks before xmas check your paying days through november till now and you might find it

My Christmas bonus has only just been paid in. I get it because of PIP. Although I am in the support group for ESA (Income related) I would not be eligible as I believe it is only paid to people who receive Contribution Based ESA.

Nina