Thread: ESA Reassessment Wait Time

ESA Reassessment Wait Time

Hi all,

Newbie here who would very much appreciate some advice please!

I had my ESA reassessment form through back in the Summer and sent it off mid August. After about a month I had heard nothing and put a phone call in to check they had received it. They confirmed they had received it and there was nothing wrong, they had just not yet reached a decision.

I have been in ESA (support group) a while now so this is not a new claim, just the usual reassessment and I have still been receiving payments. How long is a usual amount of time to wait at the moment please, if anyone knows? I've not had to wait this long before. Just wondering if this is normal or if I need to call again.. I don't want to hassle them but at the same time I'm getting a bit worried! Any advice would be gratefully received, thank you for reading

Hassle them and don't worry about it.
    They don't worry about hassling you.

To be honest I would say you have been pretty patient.

It may be that they have given you SG again but forgotten (not bothered) to send you a letter.

It's happened to me four times with WRAG, and two of those I didn't even know they had done a reassessment till later.

If you are worried give them a ring, maybe leave it till new year if your not that worried.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, Nukecad. I appreciate it.

Interesting that you say they didn't bother letting you know.. I think you're right and I'd better ring. It's making me so nervous waiting and not knowing! Thanks again.

I filled in a reassessment form in Sept and have heard nothing either. Yet my PIP was sent in October and assessment done and decided within four weeks. Had to call them last week regarding SDP so that might put me back on their radar.

I'm so sorry you're waiting too, Babs25. I really hope we both hear something soon!

Thanks darthbat. I have learnt you have to be patient with DWP unless it benefits them, then they are quick off the mark. I'm sure their system was set up by someone with sociopathic tendencies.

Well as someone currently on esa at the pre assessment rate, i have found that they seem to have an over efficient department responsible for sending out the ESA50's within record time scales typically from the 4th week onwards, then they somehow lost the original ESA50 claiming to of never received it, so stopped my money until they where sent a copy of it by my CAB case worker with a covering letter
    TBH I'm in no particular rush for the F2F farce as i already know the result will be the default result of 0 points , and then followed by more hardship whilst i wait for the waste of space MR I have zero faith in the system

I'm sorry you're so stressed with it too, Tom34. I admit I've been very fortunate and usually hear back quickly, for which I consider myself very lucky..hence why I was so worried this time to have 4 months of silence. If it's simply a backlog then I'll deal with the worry and wait my turn gladly, but it's the not knowing! I do hope that by some miracle you get the result you deserve and you don't have to fight, it really is unfair. All the best to you.