Thread: Reassessment nightmare

Reassessment nightmare

Hi everyone,really appreciate some advice please, I was awarded pip for 3 years back in 2015,both enhanced rate,had my reassessment face to face last month,I suffer from Fibro, crumbling disc,arthritis in hands and hips,in am now as you say wheel chair bound,i have a full time carer,without going into the ins and outs does absolutely everything,I was given 14 points on daily living,and 14 points mobility on my first award,I have not been given an answer from the dm at dwp yet,but have received the assessers report which starts of good basically would be how I would have worded it myself,and when you get to the pages where she scores my points working it out she has scored me 9 for daily living,and 10 for mobility,and her reasoning for each discriptor given is a complete contradiction to what she said at the beginning of form,so many untruths in what she thinks I can do,if I don't get high rate mobility I will loose my scooter and will become housebound,I'm so upset by all this,feel like I can't cope anymore,does anyone know if the dm at dwp takes her point scoring as gospel,I have sent them gp letter,stating due to my illness I am now wheel chair bound,I have also wrote them a letter say what was wrong with report,this is making me so not well in all areas,they are not there to help you that's for sure,any advise would be so helpful many thanks.

Please is there someone out there who could give me some advice from my question above,I'm so worried,many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley View Post
    Please is there someone out there who could give me some advice from my question above,I'm so worried,many thanks.
    Hi.
    The best thing to do is get a appointment with the local CAB and they will be able to help with an MR.

It is not clear (sorry) whether you sent in medical evidence when you completed the PIP application or when you received the assessor's report?

Generally the DM does follow the advice of the assessor but it has also been known for the DM to change the points awarded.

However, it does (in my opinion) depend on what medical evidence you sent before/was given at the assessment.

Logically, if there is no medical evidence to back up your claim then the DM would usually go with the assessor's report and you would then have to appeal.

If you sent in medical evidence (carer's plan etc) at the correct time then there is a chance that the DM would modify the assessors report.

Not much help I know. All you can do is wait for the decision and then go from there.

Thank you so very much in replying to me,I took the gp supporting letter and other medical history to the reasesment appointment,she took photo copies of them but after ringing dwp never sent them,nor was it put down on the assessers report,so I sent copies recorded delivery two days later which they received,the gp letter said I am wheelchair bound now which affects every part of my daily living and mobility,I just hope that's enough,,if I loose my mobility then my life is pritty much over,don't know how I'm going to get through this.