Thread: Old DLA evidence?

Old DLA evidence?

Good morning,

Has anyone any thoughts about potential advantages and/or any disadvantages with regards to using old DLA evidence for a PIP claim? I believe its a question that crops up during the phone call process during the DLA to PIP process? My hubby's circumstances as such now that his old claim going back to 1991 only account for his chronic Arthritis,which is currently only around 50% of his current Mental and physical state after a slow but recently rather progressive change in circumstances due to his Alzheimer's becoming considerably worse. My take on matters regarding Transfer from DLA to PIP claims is one of prepare your evidence as if it where a complete new claim?

Thoughts?

Oxy.

Ask them to send you what evidence they have, you can then go through it and send what you think is relevant back to them.

Thanks for the advice.

Would an ESA 85A DWP assessment report form from 2014 and a DLA "RIGHT PAYMENT PROGRAMME" review from 2012 (both of which hubby won with flying colours) be worth sending,or would this be classed as insignificant old evidence due to time period?

Any info would help?

Oxy.
    Last edited by Oxycontin; 08-12-16 at 11:42.

You need to be talking about hard Medical Evidence not old ESA assessment reports, though the DLA review may be useful, you should try and get some up to date info from GP, OT or any clinic's hubby may attend. Remember while you need to evidence medical conditions it is the effect of those conditions you need to illustrate, OT reports are particularly good for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    You need to be talking about hard Medical Evidence not old ESA assessment reports, though the DLA review may be useful, you should try and get some up to date info from GP, OT or any clinic's hubby may attend. Remember while you need to evidence medical conditions it is the effect of those conditions you need to illustrate, OT reports are particularly good for that.

Again many thanks.

I'm currently in the process of collecting what you mention,some of which I already have but will ask for 2016 updated versions now of OT report,Mental health Memory clinic reports plus hubby's Neurology reports including the MRI scan results. Will also send current medications,keep a written diary for the period of the PIP 2 form,and will hopefully get another GP report including a letter asking for a home visit due to hubby's current mental state and the distressing impact it would have. Only thing I am struggling with is hubby's ORthepedic Consultant report as he recently retired by all accounts.

oxy.

Hi Oxy,

When the time came for my sister-in law to transfer from DLA to PIP as well as repeat prescription copies, Dr's letter (stating her problems and requesting a home visit). Psychiatrist report. O.T and other professionals who she was seeing at the time, we asked family and friends who knew her to write statements explaining how she had deteriorated over the months.

As Jard has stated, the actual PIP form has to reflect how your husbands abilities are affected on a day to day basis. You have to word it in a way so someone who probably knows very little about Alzheimers will understand how bad those days can be, and how much support he requires. Never leave out any embarrassing problems that have to be dealt with.

I wish you well. If it were not for the people on here she and I would have struggled through and probably not got the positive outcome we finally achieved.

Nina x