Thread: mmmmm

mmmmm

I have a very important meeting with my consulting oncologist on the 22nd. Dec and need a blood test doing before said appointment. I tried to book a blood test with my GP surgery nurse to be told that the earliest appointment would not be until the 19th and the result may not get to my consultant in time.
    The receptionist's advise was.....wait for it...... go to my local ASDA superstore and get one done there.
    Perhaps I could spend my xmas bonus there, if I get it, at the same time, tapping my back pocket as I type this.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by phillee View Post
    I have a very important meeting with my consulting oncologist on the 22nd. Dec and need a blood test doing before said appointment. I tried to book a blood test with my GP surgery nurse to be told that the earliest appointment would not be until the 19th and the result may not get to my consultant in time.
    The receptionist's advise was.....wait for it...... go to my local ASDA superstore and get one done there.
    Perhaps I could spend my xmas bonus there, if I get it, at the same time, tapping my back pocket as I type this.

Phil
    Read about this in the Daily Mail. ASDA are holding blood testing clinics in store to save waiting times in doctors etc. so why not? USA have been doing this for a long time. If it saves you having to wait for appointments then good for them! If you have a referral letter from your doctors surgery to have the test done then
    I would go for it!

Can you get to the path lab at the hospital?

Biscuitgazer
    When I had blood tests a few years ago, my GP ordered some tests and then the oncologist ordered one test the same as my GP had ordered. When I had my next appointment with the oncologist, he phoned the lab, only to discover that his test results weren't available, but when I told him my GP had ordered the same one a day or two before him he phoned them again - and that result was available.