Thread: DLA Appeal ends in removal of care component and Higher to lower DLA

Thumbs down DLA Appeal ends in removal of care component and Higher to lower DLA

I have only been waiting 6 months for my Appeal against the abrupt cessation of my DLA last September. Today I finally had my appeal and I lost!! I'm no longer entitled to any Care component of the mobility and was awarded the lower rate mobility. So in cash terms I was getting 100 pw and now it will be 20.55 plus I am losing my motability car. This is a disgrace as I was only medically retired from work in Oct 2009 and only received DLA for 2 years. Feel totally let down and this whole charade will most definitely have a significant impact on my health.

I think that the government does not care about you. Britain is one of the richest countries in the world but still can't manage to look after it's people.

Makes me more than angry!
    I am a proud British European!

Hello sorry to hear you lost, The UK could not care less about the sick and disabled we just have to look around us to see that.
    This government is like all the rest they promise this and that and when they get in and the people who really need help JUST DO NOT GET IT.We are the easy targets to hit and they are doing just that and you know something No one gives a dam about us.
    Williej
    WillieJ

Reapply for DLA. Get some help to do it, what to say, how to say it. If you have to appeal again, get help with that. I cannot say if you can get anything else, but.....
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by joanie1963 View Post
    I have only been waiting 6 months for my Appeal against the abrupt cessation of my DLA last September. Today I finally had my appeal and I lost!! I'm no longer entitled to any Care component of the mobility and was awarded the lower rate mobility. So in cash terms I was getting 100 pw and now it will be 20.55 plus I am losing my motability car. This is a disgrace as I was only medically retired from work in Oct 2009 and only received DLA for 2 years. Feel totally let down and this whole charade will most definitely have a significant impact on my health.
    Hi Joanie1963,So sorry to hear what has happened to you even just going through the appeal process is an ordeal itself but Stepheninleeds is right another fantastic site is benefits and work it takes you through every section of the dreaded D.L.A form or any benefit form.C.A.B is a great place to get help with this even if they fill the form on your behalf at least it takes a bit of pressure off you,please dont give up thats what they want!!.You know you are being honest so fight for it we are always here if you want any support.

Well done Stephen & Sambo, I'm sick of the moaners on here.

We should be helping people when they post on here with the information they need.

When we applied for DLA back in 2007 I lost my appeal but we took it to a tribunal and won.

Just don't give up, speak to your local welfare rights office for help and guidance. That's who helped us.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I am not sure people are moaners, just wanting advice on what they can do.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

The OP isn't moaning, they have come one here to ask questions and need our help, it's the other posts that don't help at all.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs