Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always been in SG and always paid my NHS Dentist.

Always been in SG and always paid my NHS Dentist.

I take it the ESA support group does not give you free dental treatment? I have paid for years?

L

Quote Originally Posted by Ronyag View Post
    I take it the ESA support group does not give you free dental treatment? I have paid for years?
    No support group doesn't come with free dental treatment, neither did incapacity benefit, as they're not income based benefits.

My dentist told me last week that they've got pretty hot and have been catching people on ESA claiming free dental treatment that they should pay for, if you get income based ESA it's free, but you can get help with NHS costs form from DWP if you're in a low income.

Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    No support group doesn't come with free dental treatment, neither did incapacity benefit, as they're not income based benefits.

My dentist told me last week that they've got pretty hot and have been catching people on ESA claiming free dental treatment that they should pay for, if you get income based ESA it's free, but you can get help with NHS costs form from DWP if you're in a low income.
    SG , WRAG pre assessment rate IR ESA = free NHS Teeth,Glasses and scripts

I'm

Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    SG , WRAG pre assessment rate IR ESA = free NHS Teeth,Glasses and scripts
    If it's income related ESA yes, I've just looked at NHS choices and it stipulates this.

Years ago when I was on unemployment benefit I still didn't get free NHS prescriptions dental treatment or glasses as it wasn't an income based benefit the replacement for unemployment benefit is jobseekers allowance and you still would not be entitled to free prescriptions NHS dental treatment or glasses, unless its income related jobseekers allowance.

It isn't the ESA group that matters - it is whether your benefit is Contribution Based or Income Related.

Only Income Related benefits automatically entitle you to free healthcare.

If your benefit is Contribution Based (with no IR top-up or entitlement) then you have to apply on grounds of low income.
    Ask your GPs reception for form HC1 to apply. (Some dentists, chemists, and jobcentres have the form as well).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi. I'm on esa & in support group. I get free dental & glasses. You can get a form from your local social security office. It's called hc1.

Has previously mentioned get HC1 form i get mine at specsaves this gives you free perscriptions, dental care, glasses and sight tests, wigs etc. they do look at all income that comes in, savings and what you pay in rent and poll tax, i have always had to have this certificate as even on IB i couldn't get free stuff. Check your esa letter it tells you if you are on CBESA or IRESA. You don't need one as stated if on IRESA. On the HC1 form you can say if you want to claim back any recent charges so you might get something back

Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    If it's income related ESA yes, I've just looked at NHS choices and it stipulates this.

Years ago when I was on unemployment benefit I still didn't get free NHS prescriptions dental treatment or glasses as it wasn't an income based benefit the replacement for unemployment benefit is jobseekers allowance and you still would not be entitled to free prescriptions NHS dental treatment or glasses, unless its income related jobseekers allowance.
    well unless you have paid enough N.I.contributions in the current tax year, (been in full time employment) then you wouldn't qualify for Cont based benefits be that JSA or ESA they would only pay IR

I the days of IB which wasn't listed on scripts you had to get a HC2 cert for eye tests and dental treatment too, you also couldn't access the social fund for short term loans for everyday things,(non emergencies) whilst those claiming ESA (same or similar weekly rates ) could access the fund, talk about discrimination by the DWP
    Last edited by tom34; 28-06-17 at 01:39.

Hi. I'm in support group & claiming dla . Get a form called hc1 from your job centre. My dentist keeps them & I fill one in every year. I get free dental treatment,& help towards glasses.

As others have said get an HC1 form and fill it in.