Thread: The old PCA IB50 form and review date if you'll be 65?

The old PCA IB50 form and review date if you'll be 65?

Another question - My hubby when he last filled in the IB50 form 5 year's ago was told it would be reviewed again in October 2013 now he'll be 65 and no longer entitled to IB/ESA
    Does anyone know if on existing IB and review date given as Oct 2013 that would be when the new ESA reassesment would kick in.
    Just wondering how the computer system is working!

Who knows how the computer system is working Gatti! But I think many IB review dates were set like that, for near the 65th birthday. The thing is that your husband will by then be able to claim his State Pension so won't need IB anymore thankfully. I can't see people in his age range being a priority for changing to ESA - but if he does happen to be reassessed for ESA before his pension age there may be a way around it. If you are already claiming your own pension by then you may be able to simply drop his IB/ESA and go for Pension Credit as a couple if eligible for it.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatti View Post
    Another question - My hubby when he last filled in the IB50 form 5 year's ago was told it would be reviewed again in October 2013 now he'll be 65 and no longer entitled to IB/ESA
    Does anyone know if on existing IB and review date given as Oct 2013 that would be when the new ESA reassesment would kick in.
    Just wondering how the computer system is working!
    there is somewhere on the dwp web site a list of people on IB who will not be reviewed if there date for

found it

28 February 2011 and March 2014

People reaching state pension age between these two dates will be excluded from the migration. This is the only group exempt from migration

http://www.disabilityalliance.org/ibmigrate.htm

[SIZE=5] Found this Article which was put out 10th Janaury which states thats those over Sixty are deemed to old work and will not be retested?

As in the UK, those who are approaching 60 or more will not be reassessed because they are deemed to be too old to seek work.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by trickiedickie View Post
    [SIZE=5] Found this Article which was put out 10th Janaury which states thats those over Sixty are deemed to old work and will not be retested?

As in the UK, those who are approaching 60 or more will not be reassessed because they are deemed to be too old to seek work.
    that was IDS talking rubbish the regs are as i posted

As im on Pension Credit im not to worried as dont need to attend WFI.

If its true about IDS talking Rubbish then it should be withdrawn by who ever but its giving those who hate us more ammo so cant expect that to happen

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    there is somewhere on the dwp web site a list of people on IB who will not be reviewed if there date for

found it

28 February 2011 and March 2014

People reaching state pension age between these two dates will be excluded from the migration. This is the only group exempt from migration

http://www.disabilityalliance.org/ibmigrate.htm
    Thanks Dave for that information, puts mind at rest!