Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about something NEW

Biscuit grazer he was 17, was born with disabilities, but we didnt actually expect to lose him, it was a rare neurological complication from his disability.
    Light touch def sounds like an interesting christmas for you! I hope its an enjoyable one, and your not uncomfortable about the take over!

LT, she is taking over, is it your home or hers? Yes I suppose in one respect it is good that she cares but as she is ONLY A LODGER she is taking liberties. I certainly wouldn't want anyone in my home doing that. What happens when she leaves? Will she be taking the curtains with her and leaving you with none and you having to struggle to find someone to replace them for you.

If I was you I would put a stop to this takeover now.
    Where you find these lodgers from I don't know.

Hi Beau, I must admit she is a bit pushy but I'm pretty flexible and don't mind someone else looking at my place with a fresh pair of eyes.

Luckily I''m not territorial so I don't find what she suggests as being intrusive.

I've got a feeling she'll turn out to be a long term lodger.

I didn't advertise for a lodger - she placed an ad on SpareRoom.com and I invited her to look at my place and meet me. We got on really well but she didn't move in until three weeks later.

It works out well as she has a safe place to live. We both get on and she pays me but is happy to help out around my home. I'm still in 'control' - she likes to sing and laugh a lot - she's very easy going too.

Beau,I didn't think to report it to the police,but did approach the shop security
    Oimum,so sorry that you lost your son,and don't spend as much time as you would like with your grandson at Christmas.
    Would they not consider alternating?
    Or if they invite you again,would you consider going for half a day,so that you get to share it with your daughter and the little one
    I do understand that you and hubby would find being jolly all day difficult,but the little one would give you some joy
    Hope you do have a lovely Christmas,and get to spend time with your daughter and grandson

Deebee, report it to the police, they may have a prolific thief and if they catch them, note I said if, it will be more ammunition for them to prosecute. Besides that it needs to be reported if only for statistics.

Will do so Beau........

Deebee I mind my grandson every day as daughter works long hrs so get lotsvof contact with both of them unfortunately it is daughters partner who is the problem and Ive told her tovdo whats right for HER family at christmas neither hubby or I had any grandparents growing up and we were both brought up by our dads so are quite comfortable with our own company. Its important for my wee grandson to have time with his mum and dad it is often several days in a row he doesnt see his dad and his mum works 8 to 6 every day. So its best we take a back seat over the christmas period, thank you for your concern x

Oh,lovely that you see him every day,and watch him grow,you will probably enjoy the rest!
    I don't see my daughters three very often,probably every couple months,more frequently in summer hols,due to distance,but see my sons daughter most Saturday mornings

Our little grandson is the light of our lives, my daughter named him after her brother, we have even taken him on hols with us over the summer unfortunately my daughter had used up all her hols whilst off on maternity but she will have her full quota from january which will be much better for her and allow her more time with the wee man, the last year has been very busy for us but a nice busy

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Talking about curtains . . . my newish lodger is several years younger that I and she's putting her own stamp on my home! My old curtains in the lounge have been 'vac-packed' and replaced with her curtains. New cushions, mirror, large picture have arrived plus new kitchen stuff plus a Home Sweet Home sign. She's slowly taken over a spare bedroom and turned it into her office.

Am I the softest live in landlord or what!

She even invites her friends around and she spends a day preparing a slap up meal for all of us.
    We share takeaways and she wants to join me to visit the musical theatre next month called Charlie Girl.

Should be interesting at Christmas.
    As you are the landlord, well thats what you keep saying, I hope you are charging her for the 2nd room? Do you actually HAVE a tenancy agreement? Just saying be careful when fudging the boundaries. Or it all goes pear shaped.