Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about something NEW

Biscuitgazer
    Oh no, deebee! That's awful! 'tis the season to be on your guard...

Nothing but nothing is safe, I keep hold of everything even though it is difficult. The thief may well have thought the bag contained Christmas goodies. What a shock they will have unless it was nicked just in case there was anything in there that could be sold for drug money.
    Did you report it to the police just in case it was dumped and then handed in?
    Really feel for you.

Certainly is, it was the only pair in that colour,am rally disappointed
    I do have a nice Christmas to look forward to though
    I am lucky to have my lovely family ,although when we are all together it is a bit hectic

Ah deebee you have reminded me of a christmas past, out shopping for chrissy presents, realising my bag of goodies had disappeared whilst looking at clothes, was so angry with myself and the thought of telling hubby was too much to bear thinking of his scornful comments! So I trotted round shops again and bought a few of the items again(a specific pressie for hubbies sister) did of course ask around the shopping centre in case anything handed in hut no joy. Christmas came and went , hubby and I were shopping in the new year sales when I was approached by a staff member with my bag of pressies oh gringe hubby had a field day my secret was out !

Oh dear,,that reminds me of when I was shopping in Mothercare with my then husband,for my first born
    I thought I had lost my purse,and as it only had two pounds in,and I knew my husband would be cross,I said nothing and bought a new purse
    Husband kept saying,oh,new purse? What happened to old one?
    I lied and said it had broken
    He asked every couple of days for about three weeks,before letting on that I had dropped it in the car

Lololol what are we like

Surviving the crazy family, there's usually only 4 of us about, parents, me and 1 brother, sometimes the rest pop down in the new year.

I usually try to talk to the best friends at Christmas who maybe I don't talk to often enough..

The Tree will be coming down from the loft in time for Xmas no doubt, lights in the front garden as well.

Often find its a good time to 'get stuff done', Food, walk, maybe fly a kite if I get bored.!

Just me and hubby for christmas dinner, it was same last year but our daughter will visit with our little grandson on christmas morning then she goes to her partners family for dinner, sadly there would be blood and guts if he came to us. My daughter tried to get us to go to his family last year for christmas day they have a big family celebration which my daughter loves last year she and grandson came for dinner on boxing day (he didnt come) so am assuming it will be same again.
    To be honest since losing our son 7 yrs ago its not easy to keep feeling cheery throughout the day so we dont want to spoil any one elses christmas.

Biscuitgazer
    Oimum, what happened to your son? Was he young? It must be extra hard, keeping a festive smile with that grief!

Talking about curtains . . . my newish lodger is several years younger that I and she's putting her own stamp on my home! My old curtains in the lounge have been 'vac-packed' and replaced with her curtains. New cushions, mirror, large picture have arrived plus new kitchen stuff plus a Home Sweet Home sign. She's slowly taken over a spare bedroom and turned it into her office.

Am I the softest live in landlord or what!

She even invites her friends around and she spends a day preparing a slap up meal for all of us.
    We share takeaways and she wants to join me to visit the musical theatre next month called Charlie Girl.

Should be interesting at Christmas.