Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about something NEW

Deebee, that's horrible about your curtains, honestly, I have no idea what makes people so horrible to others and steal from them. It's not even like it's something like food from a supermarket so they can eat, it's people's personal belongings, how can people be okay with themselves doing that?

Oimum, it's lovely you do get to see so much of your grandson, that must be lovely, hard work for you though, but lovely you share so much time together. It's also great they are coming to you for Christmas morning, I think for people with children, that's the best time of the day, seeing them enjoy their presents.

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    It is, and I stick at it, even tho I can't exercise much and I have my "wobbles". I occasionally have to give myself a talking to and get back on plan cuz when you been doing it a while, its easy to think...."well that was only a TINY dessert, can't be that bad...."
    Tell her good luck and stick at it!
    Yes, she sticks to it very well really, she's doing quite well, 35 pounds down and as you say, she doesn't exercise much, but yes, she is enjoying it, she's eating similar meals to before really, as she never had unhealthy meals, it's the extra bits. She has got slimmer of the week quite a few times and won her groups miss slinky the other week!

But I even enjoy some of the things, like the speed soup, it's lovely, and some of the curry recipes too.

@birdwatcher, thats marvellous, she's doing really well! My son was doing SW by default as all the main meals were SW style. Haha! Yep I've bought several recipe books after a while of relying on ready meals (it was to do with sone shifts but he's left now so I have to do a Delia)
    @LT the only reason I advise caution is my son is living in a shared house and has quite a nutjob of a landlord. I'm seeing the advisability of having certain legal foundations. You know Shelter offers quite a fund of info about being a tenant and being a landlord. You should have a tenancy agreement to protect you both. Otherwise its a he said/ she said standoff.
    One thing I would say is you can be a landlord OR a friend. Not both.
    Its YOUR house and any changes in decor are your responsibilty.

@birdwatcher, thats marvellous, she's doing really well! My son was doing SW by default as all the main meals were SW style. Haha! Yep I've bought several recipe books after a while of relying on ready meals (it was to do with sone shifts but he's left now so I have to do a Delia)
    @LT the only reason I advise caution is my son is living in a shared house and has quite a nutjob of a landlord. I'm seeing the advisability of having certain legal foundations. You know Shelter offers quite a fund of info about being a tenant and being a landlord. You should have a tenancy agreement to protect you both. Otherwise its a he said/ she said standoff.
    Yes, she really enjoys it and doesn't feel like she's missing out much at all.
    The irony is she was always cooking meals and healthy at that, and she never has a take away either. She was lucky as the two recipe books she was looking to buy, the curry one and the new Christmas one, she won in raffles, so was rather pleased about that. But it's a sustainable diet going ahead.

Well if your doing Slimming world or even just looking to lose a bit before or after Xmas check out this site#
    http://twochubbycubs.com/
    WARNING probably NOT wise to let your mother on there! it billed as "Slimming world but gayer". Written by 2 gay guys from the north who are doing slimming world, its soooooo funny. First time I read it, I nearly sprayed my tea over the keyboard. Having lived in the north east their remarks about the area are totally on the ball.
    Enjoy!

My partner works nights, a week on, week off. So for the last few Christmasses he has been working. So we usually open our presents Christmas day in the afternoon when he gets up, have a small Christmas dinner and wait till New Year to celebrate properly with the full Christmas dinner etc.

This year, he comes off shift on Boxing Day morning. We will open our presents Christmas Day but save one each for Boxing day, when we will do Christmas properly with all the trimmings.

I am really looking forward to next year as we will be able to do Christmas on the day itself!!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

The one thing I always do is make sure we both agree what the rules are.
    We have an 'excluded occupiers' agreement. As I am a live-in landlord and she shares rooms that we both use. It's quite a neat arrangement and we're both adults so we can make it work.
    We have a very easy going relationship and we work as a team. Two or three nights a week we share a meal that she likes to cook - we eat at the table which has candles on it, dimmed lighting and smooth radio playing. We just get on.
    It works very well -she needs a roof over her head that she can call home and I get some income, a lovely companion who helps out around my home of her own free will.
    As there's a housing shortage and I can't afford to pay for regular help this solution seems to tick all the boxes in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    The one thing I always do is make sure we both agree what the rules are.
    We have an 'excluded occupiers' agreement. As I am a live-in landlord and she shares rooms that we both use. It's quite a neat arrangement and we're both adults so we can make it work.
    We have a very easy going relationship and we work as a team. Two or three nights a week we share a meal that she likes to cook - we eat at the table which has candles on it, dimmed lighting and smooth radio playing. We just get on.
    It works very well -she needs a roof over her head that she can call home and I get some income, a lovely companion who helps out around my home of her own free will.
    As there's a housing shortage and I can't afford to pay for regular help this solution seems to tick all the boxes in my case.
    Very happy for you. If there was the facility to PM you, i would, but I'll keep this deliberately vague for reasons that will become clear.
    My son moved into a shared house earlier in the year. Lovely house, landlord was away a lot. He signed a tenanct agreement which is quite long, but all seemed okay. As time has gone on, we realise what a complete oddball the landlord is.
    He lives there and there are 4 tenants at the moment. He makes rules (which weren't in the agreement) and then does not abide by them himself. Like "all loud music to stop by 11pm". Fair nuff - the tenants all work and need their sleep.
    Theres other stuff i can't mention, this forum is too open and quite frankly, I must keep schtum.

So I just became aware of the other side of the coin, so to speak. Shes lucky you are a well balanced individual.

Shes lucky you are a well balanced individual.
    I am easy to get on with and very accommodating. My lodger will be inviting her 11 year old relative to stay overnight just before xmas and she's invited four of her friends over for a dinner party next week - obviously Im part of the party!

People often think how can you live with a stranger. It's just the opposite - she knows me better than my friends!

As far as I'm concerned her being here enhances my life as she's so active, bubbly and has a wonderful sense of humour too. She does her own thing during the day as I do and we meet up and chat a lot in the evening.

I'll have to say she's very positive, well-balanced, feminine, helpful, smiley, creative, practical and pays rent by bank transfer - it really doesn't get much better!

hello
    i'm new user.generally the new topic is donald trump which make president in usa.

regards
    john
    contact me Assignment writing service
    Last edited by johnwarner; 12-12-16 at 09:33. Reason: full information