Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA50 - DWP Say Not Received, Maximus Say Received

ESA50 - DWP Say Not Received, Maximus Say Received

Following yesterday's strange business with returned mail from Maximus, stating no longer at this address, I decided to ring DWP to find out what was happening with my reassessment. It had been two months since I sent my form in and I had still received ESA, was aware that they had contacted my GP. DWP told me that they never received my ESA50! However, they kept my ESA going due to being aware of my health condition and had contacted my GP. I was, to put it mildly, somewhat horrified by this. I then phoned Maximus. They HAVE got my ESA50, it apparently arrived two days late but they had it as well as the info from my GP.
    Either way, it sounds like I am definitely on the waiting list for a f2f assessment. But, I don't know what to make of this. The DWP have no record of receiving my ESA50 but Maximus say they got it, just a couple of days late. How can the DWP have no record of receiving the ESA50 WHEN IT GOES TO THEM, but Maximus say they have it?! It's like opening up portals into Hell dealing with these people!

I imagine it is Maximus who issue the ESA 50 :- and where you must return it, all at the DWP's request. Just as it was with ATOS.

Thanks for the info. It really is all smoke and mirrors with these people, Maximus and the DWP. Their motto is clearly "Let's Make A Bad Situation for Someone Ten Times Worse". But, I realise we all know that here!

It's Maximus (CDHA) who deal with the ESA50, and all other 'paperwork' related to the assessment, until after your assessment (paper or F2F), at which time they send it all to the DWP Decision Maker.

(I'm pretty sure that its maximus who send the ESA50s out nowadays as well).

The return envelope for the ESA50 has a DWP address that is just a mail opening centre - where it is opened, scanned to computer, and sent electronically to Maximus.
    The DWP will not even see it until after your assessment has been done.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I'd be tempted to let you MP know about this ineptitude and the stress it has caused you.

I intend to do just that.

Voc44...............it seems the whole system, from chief tormentor Damian Green (after IDS jumped ship), everyone in between, to that postal worker, is run by soulless, incompetent, and sometimes, downright nasty idiots. These people wouldn't last 5 minutes in the real world of decent hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    It's Maximus (CDHA) who deal with the ESA50, and all other 'paperwork' related to the assessment, until after your assessment (paper or F2F), at which time they send it all to the DWP Decision Maker.

(I'm pretty sure that its maximus who send the ESA50s out nowadays as well).

The return envelope for the ESA50 has a DWP address that is just a mail opening centre - where it is opened, scanned to computer, and sent electronically to Maximus.
    The DWP will not even see it until after your assessment has been done.
    Nukecad.............I thought it would be the DWP who instruct Maximus & Atos to send out the assessment forms. After all, it's the DWP that knows the next time you're up for interrogation.......yes......no?

Also, you say all forms are scanned and sent electronically, so, when the 'mail opening' people have had a good laugh at your disability misfortunes, what happens to the actual paperwork you've spent weeks filling in?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    I'd be tempted to let you MP know about this ineptitude and the stress it has caused you.
    Stress!!! I know all about that , Cab Sent my ESA50 back on my behalf , However a few days after the time limit had expired i received a letter from the DWP explaining that my ESA claim had been stopped and also received a P45 because i had failed to return the ESA50
    Then within days letters from local council saying that my housing benefit claim had been cancelled not the usual letter you get following an unsuccessful WCA farce asking you to provide proof of income , and i also received a ct bill for nearly £400

Because if you don't return the ESA50 They close your claim not suspend it pending, Took 4 weeks to get a Further ESA payment , and i have had my landlord whining about the rent (paid direct to him) that is stressful the op remained in receipt of payment so didn't endure financial hardship , not stressful imo unless you allow it to be

But it sounds to me that the DWP told him porkies, had Maximus alerted them that they had failed to return the ESA50 form they would without doubt stopped your claim they do not care about us, the we didn't stop your money line is total bunkam
    Last edited by tom34; 17-11-16 at 00:34.

No, I don't buy the DWP line at all. They say they never received ESA50. Yet, Maximus say they received ESA50 on 7 October, two days after deadline. If Maximus received it on 7 October, it surely must have somehow registered somewhere before then. Otherwise, their prepaid first class envelope took over a week to reach them. Basically, I am pretty certain it arrived with them in well enough time but their systems didn't register that. Meanwhile, there's this additional information I sent to their local address, as stipulated, which has been returned to me with addressee unknown from Royal Mail. The whole thing stinks, frankly. I'm resending the additional medical info which was returned to me today, this time to their Wolverhampton address which Maximus gave me. I'm including a note saying why it's being sent again, as well as a photocopy of their letter telling me to send info to the false address and another photocopy of my envelope, clearly addressed and dated, to the false address they gave me.

Next week I am going to resend my ESA50. A big whacking photocopy I took of it. Just to make sure these b******s actually look at the thing.

And then the week after, I might just send it again. They want a war, I'll give them a war.

Meanwhile, I'm supposed to be dealing with my health problems and awaiting surgery. This situation is really "helping me get back to work".

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDiscount View Post
    Nukecad.............I thought it would be the DWP who instruct Maximus & Atos to send out the assessment forms. After all, it's the DWP that knows the next time you're up for interrogation.......yes......no?
    Yes, the date you are due to be reassessed is noted on your computer file at the DWP.

I'm told (by my ESA advisor at the Jobcentre, nice lass) that when this date is reached the computer automatically sends a notification to the Maximus computer telling them to start the reassessment process.
    I'm not sure how it works with PIP but I assume it's similar.

Also, you say all forms are scanned and sent electronically, so, when the 'mail opening' people have had a good laugh at your disability misfortunes, what happens to the actual paperwork you've spent weeks filling in?
    I doubt that they have time to read them.
    I had the same question about what happens to the paper copies, you would think that they have to keep them for a while and then burn or recycle them?
    I was intending to submit a Freedom of Information Request about it.
    (I currently have a number of FOIs under internal review at the DWP though so was hanging fire on new ones for a while).

Have you ever considered making an FOI request yourself? Anybody can make one.
    This question about what happens to the paper forms after they have been scanned would be a good one for a first FOI.

It's pretty easy to do with the help of this website- https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/help/about
    I suggest you read the help and a few of the sucessful requests to get an idea of how to do it sucessfully.
    (And some of the refused requests to see how not to do it).
    The main mistake people make is to ask questions or ask for an opinion, FOIs are to ask for information that they hold so you have to word your request carefully in those terms.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.