Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post missing?

Ok so I understand what may have been happening last weekend. But why don't mods reply? Or send an email to me? 0ost a statement from DLF? Just to keep us informed. It's frustrating.

I was in crisis last weekend and turned to the only group of people who I thought might understand and be help to offer advice. I'm still suffering, but a week on it's not a crisis any more. I could still use some advice but don't know if my post will survive. A simple statement would give me the information I need. Instead it feels like I'm calling out for help, but literally no one can hear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff79 View Post
    Ok so I understand what may have been happening last weekend. But why don't mods reply? Or send an email to me? 0ost a statement from DLF? Just to keep us informed. It's frustrating.

I was in crisis last weekend and turned to the only group of people who I thought might understand and be help to offer advice. I'm still suffering, but a week on it's not a crisis any more. I could still use some advice but don't know if my post will survive. A simple statement would give me the information I need. Instead it feels like I'm calling out for help, but literally no one can hear me.
    Hiya, I'm sorry about your situation. I understand how frustrating it must be and I hope you get the help you need.
    I know it's disheartening having to start again but if you type out your question on note pad and save a copy, then copy and paste it to the forum again. Hopefully it will show up this time and someoneine will be able to help.
    Take care, Sasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff79 View Post

It's a problem that frustrates most of us at some time.

You are waiting for your question to show up.
    Or we can see your question but our answers are not showing, and we know that you are desperately waiting for one.

I've made a few suggestions about this in the past, but the software that forums run on limits just what can be done in these situations.

One change I have seen here recently is that if there is a post waiting for approval on a thread then (usually/sometimes?) the thread is kept in the "New Posts" list, even when the new post can't be seen yet.
    It stays there until the post can be seen and you have read it.

The "DLF team" do monitor what is going on and will post occasionally to let us know when something is going on, but as you say a bit more feedback would be appreciated by most of us.

It does help you understand if you are a moderator yourself, you know what mods have to cope with.
    I suppose you could compare it to being disabled, unless you are you don't realy know the problems.

(Here's an example, where I moderate I can set it to send me an email if a post is put into moderation and need to be approved. Fine; but during a spam attack I can get 2 or 3 THOUSAND emails a day about posts in moderation. If I'm swamped like this I could just delete them all. Or I could take the time to look at each one and approve the few genuine ones, which could take a couple of days).

I have no doubt whatsoever that the mods here get as frustrated as we do with genuine posts going to moderation.
    Let's face it it is not good for any forum if genuine posts don't show up, people will stop going there and the forum will 'die'.

C4H5AS (google it) Spammers.
    Last edited by nukecad; 19-11-16 at 13:06.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Biscuitgazer
    Thanks for the laugh, nuke! Perhaps regular posters need not be moderated? That would leave the mods with more capacity to deal with real spammers. I suppose the regulars aren't going to suddenly start spamming.

Nukecad, what is your real name?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasherish View Post
    Nukecad, what is your real name?
    Why do you ask?

Online I am known as Nukecad, I've been using that online name for 15/16 years now.
    I use it on a lot of websites and forums, I could claim it as a legal name and sign documents with it.

You want my first name, its Steve.
    You want my surname, WHY?

Because I have reason to believe you are someone I know. Can some one confirm your name as Steve to be true or false?

True my name is Steve,

Which puzzles me a bit - where do you think you know me from?
    I've read back through your older posts and can't see it, must be something that I have said.
    May have been something about the recent heart attack, said on here and said to friends?

I've been doing online stuff for a while now and am usually careful, especially as I moderate, but I do leave some clues.
    (Flymo managed to find me and send a friend request on faceache).

I'm not sure what to say, if you do know me then ask in the pub tomorrow.
    The staff and the regulars know that I do this forum, but not all know my online name.
    And if you do know me you will know which pub.

EDIT-
    Here's another idea- fancy puting your full name online? (Don't do it - REALY don't do it).
    Last edited by nukecad; 20-11-16 at 02:04.

Hiya, can anyone confirm or deny for me that they know nukecad to be called Steve, because non of the above confirms that that is the truth? As it is someone I have non seen for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasherish View Post
    Hiya, can anyone confirm or deny for me that they know nukecad to be called Steve, because non of the above confirms that that is the truth? As it is someone I have non seen for many years.
    We do not use our real names on here. Merely online "handles". As nukecad says DO NOT PUT PERSONAL DETAILS ONLINE. Its an open forum and any one can read it. This does get frustrating, as sometimes I've had a message meant for ONE person and not willing to spill my guts to everyone.
    I tracked down 2 perople via Facebook but that was with good reason. Perhaps Sasherish, you give YOUR name and then nukecad can see?
    Its pretty darn sure that everyone knows someone called Steve over the course of their lives and your pic does not actually show a FACE so I'd be cautious too!