Thread: Good news.

Good news.

Hiya. I attended the PIP face to face assessment back in March (I think), I suffer with schizophrenia, emotionally unstable personally disorder, anxiety, depression and back problems due to two displaced discs. I was awarded zero points for everything at assessment, mainly due to not understanding how my illnesses effect me and denying that I was in pain or suffering. I was also heavily relying on them to assess me, as a doctor would, and decided fairly for me what help I needed and how much I needed. I think I seem vulnerable and naive but we should all be able to expect that from our government I think.

After a failed mandatory reconsideration I was at the point of believing that the government wouldn't do that to people and that maybe I was fine and fit after all.

I didn't have the strength to fight it or take it to appeal so decided not to, but after weeks of worrying about what direction my life would head and what options I had if left in sever poverty, I decided to appeal.

I went to the CAB for advice and they said they would arrange someone to represent me.
    I collected as much medical evidence I could, letters off family, doctor and psychologist and sent it all off to the tribunal services.
    The legal representative pointed out all of the medical neglect to me, which in itself took a big weight off, as I thought I was doing something wrong. But unfortunately she couldn't make it on the day. I didn't know what to do at that point. I found legal advice on youtu.be and my sister offered to take the day off work and drove hundreds of miles to attend with me.

I was awarded higher rate living and mobility after previously being on higher rate living, middle rate mobility and after receiving zero points at assessment.
    I then recieved a letter from the DWP, wanted to consider whether to appeal the tribunals decision or not.

I phoned the DWP today and was told that it was good news and that I had been awarded higher rate living and middle rate mobility and that I would also recieve the back payment of the monies that had been withheld. I queried why the decision was different to that of the tribunals and they told me the letter they had sent out to me was wrong and that I would have to phone up once I receive the letter to sort all that out.

The man on the phone told me to go and have a party this weekend.. I'm glad the bulk of its over but I don't feel like I can rest. I won my award for three years which I am happy about and think it is enough time to become stable enough for a safe marriage. My mum disagrees and is still in fits of worry about me. Anyway I just hope it's not difficult to sort out everything from here and that they don't call me for reassesment before the three years is over. I have faith that what is ever is meant for me will never miss me and what ever misses me was never meant for me.

I'm planning to go and sit in a coffee shop for the day with my son and do some homeschooling and to watch some videos with him that he like to watch. Once I've recieved the award I plan to go to an arts cafe where we can sit and paint, and to take him for a nice day out somewhere he will enjoy. I'm also planing to pay for healthy food, colonic and cupping treatments and for a childminder while I go swimming, to help get my health back on track. What the money is for.
    A party is the last thing that I want, maybe I'm just sensible or maybe it's the depression because I don't feel much like celebrating.

Anyway enough of my ramblings.

I'm able to continue getting help with dealing with past traumas and trying to keep myself out of isolation and keeping my health on track. It shouldn't take too much longer until everything in terms of PIP is sorted.
    That's Good news.

Biscuitgazer
    That's brilliant, sasherish! Your determination has paid off. Don't fret about higher/middle rate mobility award. There's no such thing as middle rate mobility so they are defo not going to pay that rate, it must be higher rate I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitgazer View Post
    That's brilliant, sasherish! Your determination has paid off. Don't fret about higher/middle rate mobility award. There's no such thing as middle rate mobility so they are defo not going to pay that rate, it must be higher rate I suppose.
    Hiya Jennifer, thanks, yh it is higher rate but actually, thinking about it he did say they are going to pay higher rate and that the letter is wrong. Maybe it's just the letter that needs to be amended. I've just received the letter though and was expecting the award to last three years from the date of tribunal (August) which is not the case it's three years from the date of the face to face (March).
    I'm honestly down hearted at moment. Thank you.

hi well done, like you say wants you got the money do something nice and relax for a bit regards

Hiya. Thank you.. I suppose all I can do is try to be patient and all will make sense with time.

Good job Sash! Hope you enjoy being nice to yourself,you deserve it ??

Quote Originally Posted by terry01 View Post
    Good job Sash! Hope you enjoy being nice to yourself,you deserve it ??
    Thanks Terry, I hope you and yours are well.