Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Distraught over lost money and battery

The battery will have its first charge date written somewhere, this shouls correspond very closely to when you purchased it. It could be the day before if paid the day before collection and fitting, or the same day but generally these will take up to 8 hours to charge properly.
    If the date is not close to the date you had it fitted then it is not the original battery.
    You should name and shame the shop so others can be warned.

What kind of chair do you have? If its just a bog standard battery change over they will prob stock them but I see you mention battery box. Would they have to order this in for you? If so there will be an invoice with serial number on it that should match yours that the shop can show you,or not. Just an idea. Hope you get it fixed out.

Biscuitgazer
    Hahaha Sasharish, I never knew that about the terminology. Ugh

Terry and stree, the box with batteries in it are now not in my possession. (Even if I did have the thing, it would just be a giant paperweight!) The Vienna powerchair I was gifted had an as-new box, but with dead batteries from being in storage. I've never seen inside either the good box or the tatty old box they have me last weekend. They could have put in bricks and given it to me, for all I know. But when they first fixed it, the battery box was good and it worked for about ten days. Then after that, things went all pear shaped.

Biscuitgazer
    Anyway, I feel o.k.about this whole thing and have some ideas of how to proceed now, so I think I'll close this thread and re-open it if anything interesting happens.

Biscuitgazer
    I should have said, if I can manage to get the thread closed. Which I could not without another post.