Thread: Well it's arrived

Well it's arrived

The brown envelope landed on my hall floor this morning . It informed me that DLA is ending and i have until the 18th of November to ring up for a claim pack . I am inclined to wait until the 17th or even the 18th to phone for the claim pack . I presume i will be given plenty of time to fill the book size application form in . Which may take me beyond Christmas thus not giving some little hittler at the DWP a chance to try and ruin Xmas for me . Therefore i have to ask just how much time are you given to fill the form in ? I was given about 6 or 8 weeks to return my ESA form for which i was placed in the support group . Will the fact i have seen the ESA doctor and been placed in the support group have any bearing on how my PIP is dealt with . Have been getting high rate mobility and mid rate care since 1993 . No i can't walk 20 metres or more i hobble on 2 sticks &/or crutches my wife has to wash my hair and back plus poyt my socks on and button up my shirts + a plethora of other things . I hear of all these horror stories like someone with no legs and only 1 arm being deemed fit for work and being denied PIP . I am not worried about a medical i m just worried about which idiot at the DWP will find my case landing on his/her desk and pray to god they are a fair minded understanding person not some megalomaniac who would take great delight in ending my world as i know it

Biscuitgazer
    I expect forums like this (and others, as well) all give a worse than average picture, since people usually come to these pages because they have some sort of trouble with their claim. Best of luck to you with your claim.

Just recently had my renewal pack for PIP and you get one month to return it. Their letter was dated 2nd September and had to be returned by 2nd October. It also took over a week from when they printed it off to actually arrive here so by then I only had 3 weeks to fill it in, gather evidence and return it.

To be honest I've just received another questionnaire to fill in as I reported a change of my conditions and the paperworkto fill n wasn't that bad, it took me about 4 hrs to fill in and I posted it back the same day I received it, I'm waiting for another F 2 F if they need it x