Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nukecad in hospital

All the best to you nukecad for a speedy recovery xx

Arrived home 30 mins ago.

I did get chauffered home in an ambulance service car, with a stop at Cockermouth to drop off another guy.

No heating on, probably something to do with the clocks changing, sort it later fan heater for now.

So toilet, shower, or maybe just a good wash for now don't want to give the body too many more shocks just yet, then some food.
    Sort out this mountain of pills, I think I've got one of those dosage boxes somewhere.

And then I'll probably go to the pub to show them all I'm still alive, and yes beer is allowed in moderation.

I'm not daft and I will expect a setback or two this first couple of weeks, but life has to go on.

Thank you all for your good wishes.

I know that I was lucky to realise what was happening and call for help fast, I've no doubt whatsoever that it saved my life.
    And the quick attention will have made all the difference for a good recovery.

Anybody else finding themselves in a similar situation don't hesitate, don't think the discomfort may go away if you leave it a bit longer - get dialing 999 and get help.

Once again thanks everyone.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Nukecad, very good advice, the medics aren't bothered if it turns out to be indigestion, they would rather you be safe than sorry as hubby's consultant told him.

Mind you, I am one to talk, had heart attack, felt really ill and ignored it until 6 days later when I was still getting horrendous chest pain on just moving so decided to go to the hospital. Really got my hands slapped, it turns out one of the stents in my right coronary artery had completely blocked. Luckily the blood had another way round but only a trickle.

So yes, take heed of Nukecads advice.

Glad you're home. I hope you recover quickly

Hiya, I know it's to be expected on a disability website but most of you have been through so much physical trauma. I hope you get well soon.. ? Try and rest and if you can avoid it, try not to leave yourself alone at home too much. Take care

Well it's part 2 today.

Off to the hospital again for more PCI (stenting), supposed to be to my right coronary artery this time.
    Patient transport is due to be here at 9 o'clock.

Although this is normally an outpatient procedure that takes about 15 mins, followed by a couple of hours monitoring, I'm told that because of the antiplatelet meds that I am taking they will want to monitor me overnight to make sure the incision stops bleeding and doesn't open up again.

So I probably won't be posting much for the next couple of days.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Nukecad

hi over and done and back before you no it, wishing you well regards palmer

All the best xx........

Procedure has been canceled.

The scanner has developed a fault, the guy now sat next to me was halfway through and so is now sat here with a catheter tube up the artery in his arm.

The scanner was serviced on Saturday and they obviously cocked it up.
    There is another one they could normally use, but today they are using it to fit pacemakers.

The surgeon is fumimg that he has had to cancel and reschedule for 10+ patients; and that he was doing procedures this morning using a machine that was faulty which could have been a big problem.

The guy who was halfway through is just being taken off to get the tube removed, he's going to be here for another 5 or 6 hours and will still have to come back and do it again.