Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are we to do.

What are we to do.

This is the next thing..................
    The chancellor, George Osborne, suggested that he could be planning another £​10 billion of cuts to welfare spending, in addition to the £​18 billion already announced since the coalition came to power two years ago.

He claimed that the welfare budget was set to rise “​to consume one third of all public spending”​ if nothing was done to “​curb welfare bills further”​.

And he said that the next spending review would “​have to confront this”​, with figures showing that to keep spending cuts in other departments at their current levels, the government would “​need to make [annual] savings in welfare of £​10 billion by 2016”​.
    WillieJ

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by williej View Post
    This is the next thing..................
    The chancellor, George Osborne, suggested that he could be planning another £​10 billion of cuts to welfare spending, in addition to the £​18 billion already announced since the coalition came to power two years ago.

He claimed that the welfare budget was set to rise “​to consume one third of all public spending”​ if nothing was done to “​curb welfare bills further”​.

And he said that the next spending review would “​have to confront this”​, with figures showing that to keep spending cuts in other departments at their current levels, the government would “​need to make [annual] savings in welfare of £​10 billion by 2016”​.
    I think they will find savings by not putting up benefits as we come into election time that goes down well with some voters

the other way I think we have heard enough rumors about for it to happen is not paying ESA while you appeal and only being paid if you win

60% fail at appeal and with the threat of no cash while you wait others will go for JSA or have to find another way to manage

The costs are out of hand, but they should look at the causes of this, not the results of it. This as every, is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, & we know who are the nuts.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

They did that to me. I wasn't paid any ESA whatsoever for 8 months. I refused to claim JSA. I queried wether they coul do this and recieved a letter stating once i'd attended a medical i'd be paid the assessment rate. They did this but have yet to pay my backdated benefit from a tribunal win 3 weeks ago.

BY 2016 well the conservatives will have been out of power from at least the may before that so MR Osborne can stick his billions in robbery of the disabled right up where the sun don't shine . Its just a case of lasting out now until the coalition falls apart or they have to go back to the polls and they know even more so than we do there is more chance of a bacon butty morning happening in a synagogue then they have of staying in Government

Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    BY 2016 well the conservatives will have been out of power from at least the may before that so MR Osborne can stick his billions in robbery of the disabled right up where the sun don't shine . Its just a case of lasting out now until the coalition falls apart or they have to go back to the polls and they know even more so than we do there is more chance of a bacon butty morning happening in a synagogue then they have of staying in Government
    I'm not so sure. Unfortunately, alot of people agree with the cutting of the welfare state, these people will vote tory. Even if the Tories do lose, Labour will continue with PIP, so it won't change.

Yes, do not expect Labour to change this. There are huge deficits, we are in debt more than both wars put together. We are in fact bankrupt. They cannot hit their supporters, businesses or the rich as they are the ones that donate to the party, even Labour, so they hit the easy targets who they think will cost them less votes. They forget that pensioners & disabled people make up enough to swing an election. Labour may slow down some of the changes that are planned as they come into power, if they win, but there is no going back. It part because they support these changes, & in part the fact it too so much to get these changes through & Labour do not have the support to bring in any major changes, even if they wanted to.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    Yes, do not expect Labour to change this. There are huge deficits, we are in debt more than both wars put together. We are in fact bankrupt. They cannot hit their supporters, businesses or the rich as they are the ones that donate to the party, even Labour, so they hit the easy targets who they think will cost them less votes. They forget that pensioners & disabled people make up enough to swing an election. Labour may slow down some of the changes that are planned as they come into power, if they win, but there is no going back. It part because they support these changes, & in part the fact it too so much to get these changes through & Labour do not have the support to bring in any major changes, even if they wanted to.
    Exactly. The damage will already be done and wont be reveresed. If Labour had been in power instead of the Tories now, then I think they would have still have done PIP, but it may not have been as severe.

I can help,STOP PAYING ATOS 100MILLION A YEAR Stop giving money to a country that has its own Nuclear bombs and its own space industry. Stop throwing money at the bottomless pit that is Africa. Make companies pay all the tax they owe to the treasury.
    Stop the influx of people that want to live in £1000 a week houses,that the tax payer is paying for.

Did I miss anything ?

Phil

GUYS STOP GOING BLAH BLAH BLAH ON THIS FORUM AND GO OUT TO PROTEST!!!

ITS NO GOOD JUST COMPLAINING ABOUT IT.. WE NEED A REVOLUTION!!

Gather locals together in your areas.. get together and fight this corrupt government. Otherwise it be too late. By 2015 the disabled race would become extinct. We all would die!!!
    I am a proud British European!