Thread: ESA and service invaliding pension and war pension

ESA and service invaliding pension and war pension

Iam on contributions support group ESA and would like to know why DWP are taking my war pension and service invaliding pension as income both are tax free and not classed as income anywhere else apart from ESA ,WHY ?? Cheers

Daz.....

I am having an ongoing argument with DWP about the same issue, they send me a form about every 4 months asking for details of my pensions, the company address`s and the amounts involved, invariably quoting a random sum of money as my stated income from these.
    What is also annoying is that for each ( I have 3 ) I get the same letter, even though each letter has the option to include up to 4 pension providers.
    I have a stock reply on template which I send back each time......
    I have 3, none are pensions, all are fixed annuities and will never alter in value, the total value is very low, I have one at"1020.00 PA, and the other 2 are £65 and £72 PA.............When I tell them this the always assume that th £65 and £72 must be weekly figures and rejig their figures accordingly...........Idiots.
    I have had a few lengthy phone calls, one DWP guy agreed it was pointless with me being in SG and said he would put a stop to it, and it did stop for 6 months, but last week started again.
    One reason I was given for it was that these figures would be used if ever I came out of support group and went on earning related benefit. That is unlikely to the point of never going to happen.
    So I understand your stance on this