Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESA reassessments to be scrapped?? (for some).

Second attempt at telling the truth http://news.sky.com/story/reassessme...mants-10600519

He forgets conveniently whilst claiming credit , that it was he party under blair that is responsible for the mess that is ESA , it was his government who scrapped Incapacity benefit and it's PCA (personal capability assessment) which whilst not being thought as fair at the time was a lot more fairer than the system that they replaced it with ESA and it's WCA labour changed the goal posts, and the successive, coalition and tory government have made it more unfair and not fit for purpose than it was in 2010 when the BMA condemned the WCA, He would do well to remember what blair did,

I do hope heart failure falls into this as well.

There's lots of medical conditions that could fall in the category of Chronic illnesses some that may not by theirselves be life threatening
    severe osteoarthritis stage 4 or High BP (stage2 ) but you can bet that many who suffer from these issues won't even be awarded ESA at the WCA

When does this start as I've got copd, and generalized anxiety disorder. And I've got my tribunal on the 20th of this month which is cause me anxiety already

ESA reassessments to be scrapped for claimants in the support group with some conditions?

Remember even dead wasps sting!

So you've got a chronic condition and are being lead to believe you'll be safe from being hounded by the DWP! But when you are assessed for ESA you're placed on the WRAG because they've moved the goalposts again and even fewer claimants qualify for SG!

Then you find that the appeals process has been changed and you won't be able too appeal against the decision.

So now you're really stuffed because you'll be getting even less money on WRAG.

Wont be able to comply with the requirements for WRAG, and get sanctioned.

And have no way of getting into the SG.

You won't get a reassessment in the future! Because your chronic condition excludes you from reassessments.

Unless included in this plan is that a claimants can request reassessment when required (even though you run further risk of scoring 0 points)

I can see this being yet another cunning Tory plan. Remember what I wrote about dead wasps!

I was in support group before I failed my last medical, all because I wouldn't do the physical examination as I was already in alot of pain with my upper body and left knee. I said I cant do it as I'm already in pain, and they failed me on that. I wasn't put in wrag they just took me off completely. When i received the letter saying my money had stopped that's when all my anxiety attacks started to happen.

Hi all how do I create my own post. Thanks

brightonbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I've been thinking a bit more about this, and it's a real game changer in it's implications.

It changes the whole ethos behind ESA and the WCA's.

It implies that for the first time- having certain medical conditions (besides cancer) will automatically qualify you for ESA Support Group.

This is because:
    1. They come up with a list of medical conditions that mean you do not need to have reassessments because you are unlikely to improve.
    2. It then follows that having one of these conditions means you should not need an assessment in the first place (for the same reason).
    3. It also follows that having one of these conditions should put you straight into the Support Group; because if you are never going to be reassessed then you can never be found fit-for-work, so doing Work Related Activities would be pointless.

Green told the BBC that:..."If you have got a condition that has made you unfit for work and which can only stay the same or get worse, I think it’s just pointless to just bring someone back again. "It's the severity of the condition that matters, because indeed there are some people with MS that can work, but we know that it's a degenerative disease so there will come a point when it may well be that they can't work"

So a list of condtions will be the starting point.....you get put into the SG, but need evidence or assessment of your limitations in order to prove you are "at that point". Then they will stop hassling you.

The implications of having a set of criteria is that it may enable you to get into the SG. But does that then not mean all other condtions have been excluded on the basis that there is a (tiniest, remotest) possibility that you could improve a little bit, or that pharmaceutical, medical, surgical options are available to treat the condition or manage the limitations. Thus, does everyone elses condtion mean an automatic WRAG award?

Its going to be up to the WRAG claimant to argue and prove with medical evidence that they have a permanent, significantly limiting condition for which all treatment options have been exhausted in order to get into the S.G. and in order to do that they will face an amended appeals system that will take longer, and will do more paper reviews.

I am by nature, a sceptical old bag. As me dear late nan always said "if it looks to good to be true, it usually is"

BB

BB
    Last edited by brightonbelle; 02-10-16 at 12:57. Reason: addition

Best read the FAQ, it`s all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by coopes View Post

Quote Originally Posted by coopes View Post
    Pick the Blue 'Forum' just above/part of the menu bar.
    Pick which forum you new thread best fits into.
    Pick the big blue ' +Post New Thread' button.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.