Thread: How long does a MR take?

How long does a MR take?

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here so apologies if this has already been mentioned.
    I was just wondering if anyone has had a mandatory reconsideration for PIP recently and how long did it take?
    I was previously on the enhanced rate for both care and mobility as a lifetime award. After the DLA to PIP changeover I've only been awarded standard rate for care and mobility. Which means I will lose my motability car.
    I sent a letter requesting a MR and more evidence on the 19th September, I am fairly confident that this should be enough to get my enhanced rate back.
    The only issue is my motability car. It is due to be returned on the 18th October (3 weeks away) I'm hoping I have a decision before then.

Hi
    You should be looking at 5-6 weeks. Any longer then chase them up.

hi i would ring them up and try and get a decision from them which is not easy before your car goes back regards

speak to your local mp via email they are really quick at getting a response from the dwp

Thanks for all your replies. I will ring them tomorrow to make sure they have received my new information and see if they can give me an idea of how long it may take for a decision.

Hi again, I just wanted to give a quick update on my situation.
    Motability kindly gave me an extension on the car until the 25th October. I rang the DWP on the morning the car was due to be returned. A very nice lady told me my claim was 'being looked at as we speak' she emailed the case manager to give me a call back that day. I was very hopeful a decision may have been reached and I could possibly keep my current car.
    The case manager rang that afternoon, she told me she had passed my claim on to someone else to look at and I should hear by the 9th of November. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing?
    I rang the DWP again this morning and the lady told me they were waiting for extra information which they had received yesterday. I asked if the extra information was from my GP and she said no.
    So at the moment I'm very confused, I don't know if these are good signs or not. I have no car to get to appointments and I feel like my life is in the hands of another person.
    Having said all that I still feel like one of the lucky ones after hearing how some people have been treated.