Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My opinion about Budget 2012

Exclamation My opinion about Budget 2012

To be honest I am dissapointed about it. Infact I am more likely angry!

The only good thing was the low paid not going to get taxed as much and rich gits with a house worth £2,000,000 will get taxed a lot.

I just feel very angry with our current government. It makes me angry that pensioners get punished. They worked very hard thorugh there lifes and I believe they deserve every respect and good quality of life indeed. I look up to pensioners because without them I would not have had a great life due to them keeping our British economy strong. I feel very proud of pensioners and I can't thank them enough for keeping Britiain at it's best. Now everything's gone bad. Now I see all these problems happening to them today I believe in the future when I be over 65 I would struggle being a pensioner with a disability. I maybe aged 27 but it soon go by quick.

I just wish that the crazy tories respect there older citizens. It really isn't rocket science to protect vulnerable people but according to the Tories it really is rocket science!

We want to be looked after. Not to be swept under the carpet and forgotten about. This country is really the worst place to live in right now.

Enough of me talking. The question to you all, what did you like about the Budget 2012 and hate ?
    I am a proud British European!

I am not a fan of cunning Ed, but he said it: "The end of 'we're all in it together.'" Not that we ever were of course. Plus, do not forget the additional £10 billion cuts in benefits to be added to the cuts already annouced.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    I am not a fan of cunning Ed, but he said it: "The end of 'we're all in it together.'" Not that we ever were of course. Plus, do not forget the additional £10 billion cuts in benefits to be added to the cuts already annouced.
    I seem to lost trust on all of the 3 parties Tory, Labour and Lib dems.

Only one I can think of is UKIP but the only problem I fear with that party is they are anti European Union which means they could exit us out of the EU. But I guess it's the only less bad parties we got =(

I am not a fan of UKIP because they are far too brown-shirt for me. I would not mind been out of the EU at all.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    I am not a fan of UKIP because they are far too brown-shirt for me. I would not mind been out of the EU at all.
    I'm not keen on UKIP ethier but what can we do ?

I guess the only way is to vote for the lessest idiot party and hope for the best.

Monster Raving Loony Party! I go for spoiling my ballot paper. Think of the millions who do not vote, if they all did that it would send shockwaves through the parties. They could not blame the voters anymore. Those who did not vote could have changed the last election result.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

I don't want to live in this country anymore. UK is now just for posh people!

I think you will find that is anywhere now. Being poor is a crime, all over the world.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

I am furious. I have lost my tax credits because I am £500 over the threshold. As a civil servant I will also have to pay more into my pension pot in order to get less out. As I am only 40 and the reirement age is already going up so I predict that I will be long dead before I can claim my pension. Although I suspect that by the time that day arrives there will be no pensions. We will probably all have to go into workhouses like the olden days.

The question here is what should we pay tax on? I have found that these stealth taxes are unfair. I also feel tax on savings & the such are unfair. Yes, maybe tax the interest & any income from it, but not the principle as we have already paid tax on that. Pension is savings, be that a State pension or a private one. We all pay/paid in. What is the point of giving it to take it back? These changes will cost more to administer, why not just take it off at source? Then the cuts would not have to be so much. I think giving then taking it back is insulting & a waste of money, time & more money.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen