Thread: Left hand drive hand controlled car wanted

Left hand drive hand controlled car wanted

I'm from UK originally but based in southern Europe. I don't have access to something similar to Mobility, and I'm looking for the best way to obtain a car with hand controls. I now have neuropathy in my feet which means pedals are out, but upper body is fine. I'm looking ideally for electronic controls (so no push rods around my legs) on an automatic, and I'm fortunate not to be overly constrained on budget. Anyone know good sites to pick up LHD hand control cars - new or secondhand - in west Europe (say Spain, France, Germany, UK)? Or is it a simple business to choose a standard automatic and have it converted through eg Adaptacar in UK? My main goal is to get a car in place as soon as reasonably possible. Thanks for any help. SG

You mention the car option to be 'new or used'. If cost is not too restrictive, then (in my opinion) new would be the better option, if only for the warranty; plus, of course, it will be your choice of car and to your specification. Then, have it adapted with brand-new controls.

If travelling back to the UK for adaptation is a little restrictive, you may find a more localised service from here.. http://www.mobilitygroup.eu/

For used cars, maybe try your regional version of eBay.

Many thanks for the help, adexico. Does anyone have a recommendation for electronic hand controls? The Elap Kivi KO control looks promising. http://www.elap.co.uk/kivi-ko-wireless-control/
    Last edited by SecondGo; 28-09-16 at 14:21.