Thread: Can a mandatory reconsideration be changed again

Can a mandatory reconsideration be changed again

Hi to cut story short I had a mandatory reconsideration for my esa i had to get my mp involved who written on my behalf she sent the letter even though i said i had evidence i want to add so she contacted dwp to say to wait for the evidence i didnt manage to get the evidence in for another two weeks due to a delay in getting a note from my doctor anyway just had the evidence sent this week i thought would help support my case but just yesterday i had a letter from dwp saying they have decided to have the mandatory reconsideration in my favour following the letter from my mp which is good but now im worried ive rocked the boat and they going to change their minds again if they looked at it again because they looked at the decision before my evidence was submitted and now im stressed again with anxiety because they might look at it again and change their minds i really wished this letter arrived before i submitted my evidence my question is can they look at it again after theyve looked at my decision without evidence which they didnt tell me they would do and change it i really worried now and i cant phone until monday

Quote Originally Posted by sofie86 View Post
    and now im stressed again with anxiety because they might look at it again and change their minds i really wished this letter arrived before i submitted my evidence my question is can they look at it again after theyve looked at my decision without evidence which they didnt tell me they would do and change it i really worried now and i cant phone until monday
    Hi
    Easy to say, but you are worrying unnecessarily. If the letter is more evidence of your limitations, then it can only help your cause even more. You would only trigger a review if the letter shows an improvement in your condition/s, which obviously it doesn't.
    Last edited by TanyaG; 24-09-16 at 12:27.

I know trying not to worry but im just concerned they will look at it again and turn it around can they do that or will they just stick to that decision since its already been made

I know trying not to worry but im just concerned they will look at it again and turn it around can they do that or will they just stick to that decision since its already been made
    Hi
    Ok. Hope this stops you worrying. Your letter will, in no way, shape, or form, trigger a review of the decision already made. However, if your letter had stated something like 'Mrs Sofie86 would like to report a miraculous improvment in her condition/s', then yes, they would look at it again.
    Last edited by TanyaG; 24-09-16 at 13:59.

Hi tanya thanks so they cant override the decision now made with the evidence that i submitted

Hi tanya thanks so they cant override the decision now made with the evidence that i submitted
    Hi
    They wont override the decision no..

You need to remember, you only have a decision when you've received it in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    You need to remember, you only have a decision when you've received it in writing.
    Hi
    You are incorrect. A claimant can be informed by telephone of what the decision is. The award notice confirms the decision. A claimant needs the notice for proof of award in claiming other benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaG View Post
    Hi
    You are incorrect. A claimant can be informed by telephone of what the decision is. The award notice confirms the decision. A claimant needs the notice for proof of award in claiming other benefits.
    For you're information, during the time I've been involved in these forums, quite a number of people have received conflicting information from the DWP regarding their Decision and learned (the hard way). [
    U]The only Decision you can rely on is a written one.[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    For you're information, during the time I've been involved in these forums, quite a number of people have received conflicting information from the DWP regarding their Decision and learned (the hard way). [
    U]The only Decision you can rely on is a written one.[/U]
    Hi
    For your information see my last post.