Thread: bus pass

bus pass

would i lose my free bus pass if i lose my entitlement to PIP

Quote Originally Posted by patandmick View Post
    would i lose my free bus pass if i lose my entitlement to PIP
    Hi
    If you are talking of the daily living component then no, but if you lose the mobility then it's up to your local authority. Some will still issue a disabled pass if you can provide evidence of mobility problems

I have a pass cos hr dla and i know you get one on standard rate pip but i would assume that if not in receipt of mobility side of pip then you wouldn't be entitled to one. Even though you can still have a blue badge without pip. You could look on the government site and i'm sure someone with more idea will come on here

thanks for your replies

As far as I am aware with an ENCTS bus pass you can keep using your current pass until it runs out, the expiry date is on the front.

At that time you have to apply for a renewal.

It's a bit like the medical exemption certificate for prescriptions, there is no system for giving them up so even if your qualifying conditions change your can use it until it expires.
    Last edited by nukecad; 20-09-16 at 15:27.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

No, you should be fine as the bus pass is a separate thing from pip. I had my pass before I even applied for pip. I'm sure it was the local council that deals with your bus pass. It'll have a date on it and you just apply again. Its no face to face or points or anything like that. Don't worry about it at all.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease.

As alreadt explained,you keep the one that you currently have until it expires.
    Then it really depends on your borough and your condition
    My current benefits are DLA low rate care only,but I have a pass
    they are discretionary and every council has different rules
    there are hard and fast rules for definately getting one, but different discretionary ones
    I get mine as I am not allowed to drive