Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia

Euthanasia

Well thought I'd look into this as health getting worse quicker than I thought family have always known once I get to a certain point I'd call it a day but thought maybe be nice to do it all properly so thought look into it. OMG I had no idea it would cost so much it's over £5000!!!! Just wondered if anyone had come across anything cheaper than this because I'm wondering if i just went on the rich persons site!!

This looks like a fun club - I believe people are dying to join it.

Are we talking Dignatas as you won't get much change from £10k after flights and funeral. My Aunt in London is paying £1000 a week for home care for her husband so £10,000 doesn't seem to bad in that context.

You do know that when things get really down the only way is up!

Hang on tight to this spinning ball of clay - you only get one life and this isn't a dress rehearsal !

Thanks lighttouch, but I made the decision when i was a teenager that if i got to point couldn't care for myself I would end it I just thought look into it as it seems a nicer way of doing it, it's not right now but at rate my health is going it will be in next few years I think but I have never had a problem with it, I think if people are ok with being cared for then thats great, but i'm not one of them and wasn't so bad when i had a few days of very little pain but now it's all the time, my family is getting smaller and I'm limited on going out now even getting around house is tougher, so i'm ok with not hanging on the the ball of clay I also don't believe we only get one life either so I'm good with it.

spoken at length with the family and feel the same.
    Suspect the day is coming sooner now with this DLA/PIP farce. If I simply stop my treatments it will result quite quickly
    already have do not intervene with the hospital etc.

wasn't dwelling on things but I wanted to make sure everyone around me knew the reasons and why when I do it. its not because of anything they have done its simply fighting since I was a teenager I'm shattered. the Quality of life wasn't good but its getting worse

I have the same Legsy1 with doc, my mom took a while to get her head around it as I made it clear from a young age what my intentions one day would be. Odd thing as some of the older family members are having health probs as you would with age and harder to get round they now sort of get it now. I think people like you and I that were born with probs or had them from a young age and it gets worse we know when things are changing quicker in us and i think most of us feel that way. But most people wont admit to it, or if they've only been like it for a short time (10yrs to me is a short time) they don't get it yet.
    I hope it slows down a bit for us both take care

Quote Originally Posted by freedomeagle View Post
    I have the same Legsy1 with doc, my mom took a while to get her head around it as I made it clear from a young age what my intentions one day would be. Odd thing as some of the older family members are having health probs as you would with age and harder to get round they now sort of get it now. I think people like you and I that were born with probs or had them from a young age and it gets worse we know when things are changing quicker in us and i think most of us feel that way. But most people wont admit to it, or if they've only been like it for a short time (10yrs to me is a short time) they don't get it yet.
    I hope it slows down a bit for us both take care

completely I've seen a massive decline in the last 5 months. morphine being doubled and still the pain coming through
    there's this moral outrage in the UK over the issue. Yet its okay for various companies working for the Government to drive people
    into committing suicide. the hypocrisy is staggering

Well I have lots of pain 24/7 all year but don't take medication as that brings its own problems.

There are always people worse off than yourself so I try not to complain.

I also don't engage carers but rely on the goodwill of strangers if I have a problem. As long as you're light hearted and thankful for offers of help it seems to work.

I've e5xperienced near death experiences and realise that it's not as scary as you think. Head trauma from falls will be the way I meet my maker. I've experience many heavy falls backwards where my head hits concrete first. Very strange things happen to you like feeling spaced out, every movement is seen in slow motion as are voices. You feel like you're floating as your body feels free from gravity and endorphins are released in your brain to calm you down
    It really does feel heavenly. I still enjoy what life has to offer so for now I'm happy to stick around and seek new experiences within my means.

Clearly there will always be differing views on the 'end-of-life' subject, even if it were to be legalised in the UK.

Peoples opinions vary, and so does pain and suffering.

No-one but the individual knows the extent of their own agony, and some people cope and manage adequately - others not at all.

It is my personal belief that anyone and everyone should be able to decide their own destiny.

After all - we have no choice in being born... and none in ending our own lives; even if extenuating circumstances prevail.

Maybe the only current option for consideration is Dignitas (...or is it???).

The 'Ultimate Decision' is truly THE ultimate decision.

http://www.dignitas.ch/index.php?lang=en

You are right legsy1, adexico I agree we should all have the right to decide, i think you may be a bit of a philosopher or poet maybe. Like you lighttouch had a number of near death first was when I was just 12 in surgery I told the nurse after what was said during surgery and when they brought me back, she said yes dear but she later had a chat with a friend of hers from the theatre and she confirmed what had gone on even about a porter by the door rushing out to be sick, they were gobsmacked. Other things have gone on but i respects everyones point of view.

LT you have been either just about KO'd or just coming round from being properly KO'd. By just about I mean stand up too quick and you'll be out! LOL ?? I'm not laughing at your situation but how much you like it. That's too funny!