Thread: ESA Assessment - Assessor stopped it half way through!!!

ESA Assessment - Assessor stopped it half way through!!!

I've just gone for me ESA assessment. I asked for it to be recorded due to previous problems with the assessor lying in the reportAnyway, the assessor was scatty and kept going from one thing to another.

When we got to medication, my partner said them. Before he could finish the lost, she said I just need to talk to my manager and left the room. She came back in, and said, we don't need to go through anything more as we've got enough and I will stop the tape now. I'm so worried that means I'll get 0 points as I only went through, medication and my conditions.

I also declined the physical test, which she said involved getting on a bed and doing squats. I said it would be too painful and the rest of the day would be awful. She said that's fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?!! Having their assessment stop half way through?
    What was the result?

[QUOTE=cbchapman;112093]I'm so worried that means I'll get 0 points as I only went through, medication and my conditions. /QUOTE]

Hi
    The assessors can halt proceedings once they feel a certain level has been reached, ie, they have enough evidence at that point in the assessment that it would be pointless carrying on.

Conversely they can do the same if they feel the claimant would not meet the criteria to score points.

Just seems odd, because some of the questions weren't even discussed, for example about bladder incontinance or the fact I have travel anxiety and rarely drive anymore. And the medication/pain causes me to be short tempered at times.

I just feel if all of that was discussed I would potentially get the higher rate and not have to go to interviews (I would really struggle to do this!).

So hopefully it just means I reached that group?!

It's been recorded so if I don't meet the criteria for anything, I will certainly be appealing!