Thread: Scoliosis

Scoliosis

Hi

Is there anyone else on here that has Scoliosis? I was born with it. I chose not to have surgery for it because of the risks if i did have it. I am small for my age (4ft) because of Scoliosis.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameRedSarah View Post
    Hi

Is there anyone else on here that has Scoliosis? I was born with it. I chose not to have surgery for it because of the risks if i did have it. I am small for my age (4ft) because of Scoliosis.

I was also born with scoliosis, didn't really have a lot of problems with it until I fractured my spine. Now I have problems, for example, when I attend the hospital for Radio frequency Ablation (nerve burning) and they have to get those long electrodes into my spine between my L2 and L3 vertebrae via the bend it is extremely painful, but it helps.

I had them done in the USA one time, there they give you a relaxing drug to calm you down, not sure why they don't do that here, well actually I do know, costs more money.
    Last edited by bspm; 07-09-16 at 12:32.

Yes I do. It developed over three decades due to having broken my neck in a sporting incident.

I find it rather painful as I have a tendency to lean to one side onto a crutch. It's strange you should ask as I'm visiting the hospital next week to investigate having steel rods put in my lumber region to straighten me up.

The down side is that the operation could paralyse or kill me. Mmmm - the question is - if I survived would my quality of life improve or be worse.

Not a decision to take lightly!

I plan to leave all my worldly possessions to Reddivine.