Thread: I have my PIP recording, sure they will find unfairly against me...ADVICE PLEASE

I have my PIP recording, sure they will find unfairly against me...ADVICE PLEASE

Where to start.....
    I had my dreaded F2F recently. I made it VERY clear to DWP and ATOS that a F2F was inappropriate due to my fragile mental state (history of near fatal suicide attempts, multiple admissions under Section of MHA)
    They failed to follow DWP guidance that states for vulnerable customers they need to get additional info from professionals before deciding on F2F. I know this as I have asked all the professionals in my case and none of them have heard anything from ATOS or DWP.
    Anyhow I rocked up to the assessment dosed up to the eyeballs on antipsychotics. My dose had to be increased due to a deterioration in MH caused by the prospect of the F2F. Before upping the dose I was getting very ill indeed and getting delusional thoughts.
    Assessment seemed to be going well up until the assessor asked my education history. Problem is I have an excellent education and worked as a junior doctor before the illegal shifts (I once went over 80 hours without sleep as a junior in trauma surgery) made me so ill I got my first sectioning and was unfit to continue in the profession (this is the opinion of the General Medical Council).
    At that point she made notes and I was reading what she was scribbling upside down. She wrote "university educated...no evidence of cognitive impairment".
    I said I could read what she wrote and that I got the uni degree BEFORE getting bipolar. She did not seem to comprehend this.
    I walked out Def Con One fuming. If someone was a paraplegic following a dreadful car accident, would an assessor write "ran for school cross country team, no evidence of paralysis" NO THEY WOULD NOT!
    At the moment I am still too unwell thanks to ATOS to know how exactly to tackle this. I have a tape recording of the whole thing, so plan number 1 is to turn it into a transcript and send ATOS and DWP the written version. Do I need to send all of it, or just my choice bits?
    I am not just thinking of going down the tribunal route (if that is her attitude I know I have nil points), but also to bring a claim under the Equality Act (I do not need a solicitor for this, I have sued before and won so I know the process).

Quote Originally Posted by benion View Post
    I have a tape recording of the whole thing
    Hi
    Why not just wait for your decision notice? there has been lots of claimants who thought the assessment went against them only to find later they got enhanced on both, could save you a lot of anxiety and stress.

By the way did you record covertly or were the DWP aware of it?

hi i also would wait to see the outcome of the f2f, that would save you a lot of anxiety and stress.regards