Thread: Can I order a car via the phone?

Can I order a car via the phone?

Found a dealer who will give me a discount on the AP price. Trouble is they are over 50 miles away. Can I order the car via the telephone?

Why not ring the dealer and just ask

You need to ask the dealer. They'll need to see your driving license, award letter and I think other proof of address if I recall correctly and so it may not be possible

I have had two cars from Motability and on both occasions I had to be at the actual Garage/Dealer to order a Car.

As I Live on the North coast of Scotland my Nearest Dealer is in Inverness and that is 120 miles South of me I do understand but you do need to there.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 02-09-16 at 12:38.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Seeing as the Dealer doesn't know you from Adam I doubt very much they'll allow you to order a Motability car over the phone ?.
    If you were a repeat customer you'd be in with a chance.

I definitely know you must attend the Dealer's premises to sign the contract on collection day.

In your position I'd call into a more local Dealer showing interest in the model you're after.....towards the end of the conversation I would tell the Dealer I'm prepared to order on the spot if they can match the discount you've already been offered.

Good luck Wazza.

Thanks for the replies. Thought that would be the answer. The thing is I can't order before mid Sept. I am however going past the dealership this weekend. Wonder if i can fill in the form and sign it and date it mid sept?

Found out about the offer last night, am planning to give them a call this afternoon and see what develops. Will first see if my local dealer will match the offer.

Rang up the dealer. They can do the paperwork over the phone but have to go in to show my documents etc.

I've had 2 motability cars and on both occasions I've done it all over the phone. The first time they even delivered it to me. The second time I went in to collect it because an AP needed to be made. The dealer was only 5-6 miles away from me so it wasn't a distance thing - I just knew exactly what I wanted so didn't see the need to physically be there to order it.

Obviously they'll need all your details over the phone - name, address, driving licence number, NI number, DLA certificate number etc.

Good luck.

I just bought a car through the dealer, and he was 80 miles away from my town.. he delivered, but just charged a little extra.

On two occasions we have emailed our paperwork to the dealer (who we didn't know), the only visit was to collect.

Good discounts on the AP doing it this way.