Thread: E-Petition (fight against benefit cuts)

Post E-Petition (fight against benefit cuts)

Not sure if any one has mentioned this in a thread.

If you are one of the many who has suffered welfare benefit loses through the government cuts or are generally worried about and are concerned that you may lose your benefit in the future then here is your chance to get your voice heard and felt.

For those who know about PIP replacing dla then news is stating that 1000's upon 1000's may loose their mobility cars and this even includes the mobility scooters.

Someone has now set up an e-petition to fight against the welfare cuts and reforms so if you would like to support this petition then click on the link below:-

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20968

i for one will be signing due to the way they went about cutting my dla benefit.

Hi Mikey,

I think it's all too late re PIP / Welfare Reforms it's already been passed by the Commons but nice idea.

Yes, it is far too late. They will not listen to us at all now.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Guys i am very surprised by the can't be bothered attitude especially as over 33,000 people have all ready signed the petition, these people must know something which you 2 don't.

This attitude is why we keep getting bad press and why the governments are running circles around us.

forums are okay to seek help and vent our frustrations but not much good when we want to get our thoughts felt.

mike

(with the way things are getting perhaps we will be forced to beg or sell on ebay)

It should have had a MILLION signatures by now. We need to ask ourselves why it does not, and address that problem.

Some of it could be due to the fact that around 1/3 disabled people have NEVER been online and about 2/3 do not have any access to internet on regular basis.

Another point is that only about 10% of disabled bother to vote.

We cannot hope to challenge any government policies until a significantly higher percentage are motivated to do things like sign petitions or attend meetings or go to protests or write to MPs or write to charities etc etc.

The problem is how to overcome this apathy that has seemingly seized the sick and disabled for many years now?

It is not a can't be bothered attitude for me. I singed everything, I contacted politicians, the government, etc. It is not about apathy, it is about hopelessness. No, that is not true either, it is that they have decided & will not change unless forced to by the people who think this is a good idea, the public, the rich, the powerful.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen