Thread: changing f2f appointments and locations

paul446

changing f2f appointments and locations

hello ,
    im intrested to find out if anyone knows the rules and if they have ever had to change a f2f appointment and/or location??..
    I have been given a 9am appointment at a assessment centre 25 miles from my postcode and I would not be able to get there for that time , also there is another assessment centre that's easier to get to that I would rather go to..
    ive been on a site that claims the centre they want me to attend is only 19m from me and that the one I would rather attend is 27m this is obviously why they have sent me to the first mentioned BUT google postcode to postcode distance checker says theres not much difference and as ive said the one I would rather attend is much easier for me ..
    so can I call and ask for a latter appointment at the one of my choice or if they wont let me change location then ask for an afternoon appointment at the one the have stated??
    ive been to several f2f interviews but never asked for a change of appointment time or location ....thanks

I think I read in their letter your not allowed to ask for a different location (PIP) my assessment was supposed to be fri at 915 but they rang me last week to canc it(no reason given) and offered 8am or 915 on mon or tues of this week, am just home from the assessment)
    All you can do is try but I expect you would need some sort of medical reason rather than it just being an inconvenience. Good luck

I've had mine changed 3 times so far. The first 3 were home assessments and the latest is at an assessment centre only about 5 miles away AND more importantly for me is at 1.30 p.m. thank goodness. Mind you they don't tell you if the place is wheelchair accessible or whether there are stairs and a lift suitable to take wheelchairs. I would've thought this information was of paramount importance to an awful lot of disabled people. I'm now worried that there won't be facilities for wheelchairs and they will mark me down as refusing to do assessment or some other rubbish. From reading about other people's experiences this outcome is perfectly possible

Im in N.Ireland and the CAPITA website says all their locations are wheelchair accessable with disabled loos and lifts where required. Not sure if thats actually the case though. Ive just come back from my assessment and it was all ground floor.

My local center is not wheelchair accessible, I know this because it was in the paper last week
    After the article came comments
    One gentleman told a story about his neighbor having to attend one and him accompanying
    On arrival they were told it was not wheelchair accessible so they arranged a taxi to another center
    The taxi took them both both could not accomodate the wheelchair so it was left at the first center
    On arriving at the second center,they discovered it was five mins away from where they lived and they could have got there far easier/quicker than the first one
    The taxi waited for them and all told with both trips plus waiting time this was three and a half hours at Goodness only knows what cost to the taxpayer, when they could far easier have just gone to the second one first,on their own steam:/

paul446
    I don't need wheelchair access , im just going to call them to let them know I cant make it for 9am , and allso if I can attend the centre that is easier for me to get to..
    I was told the rules say you can cancel at least once..but don't state what reasons you need.

paul446
    Quote Originally Posted by oimum View Post
    I think I read in their letter your not allowed to ask for a different location (PIP) my assessment was supposed to be fri at 915 but they rang me last week to canc it(no reason given) and offered 8am or 915 on mon or tues of this week, am just home from the assessment)
    All you can do is try but I expect you would need some sort of medical reason rather than it just being an inconvenience. Good luck
    thanks oimum , well the first reason is I cant get there for 9am , and even if they insist I go to the centre of there choice it would have to be a later appointment.

paul446
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobhireland View Post
    I've had mine changed 3 times so far. The first 3 were home assessments and the latest is at an assessment centre only about 5 miles away AND more importantly for me is at 1.30 p.m. thank goodness. Mind you they don't tell you if the place is wheelchair accessible or whether there are stairs and a lift suitable to take wheelchairs. I would've thought this information was of paramount importance to an awful lot of disabled people. I'm now worried that there won't be facilities for wheelchairs and they will mark me down as refusing to do assessment or some other rubbish. From reading about other people's experiences this outcome is perfectly possible
    you would of thought baring in mind what the centre is used for that wheelchair access would be a minimum requirememt??.
    but as there trying to catch everyone out I guess anythings possible..
    they seem to send me miles for early appointments for some reason..

paul446
    called them and told them I cant get there for 9am , they gave me a appointment 10days later at 4pm

I was given assessment centre an hour away even though there is one 30 mins away. I phoned them and changed it the closest one.