Thread: What to do if assessor tells lies?

What to do if assessor tells lies?

Hi
    I had my assessment done and despite having long term high rate mobility and low rate care DLA I was turned down for even lower rate PIP for mobility but was assessed for higher rate care PIP.
    I asked for a copy of my report and the report says I had only slight reduced mobility during the muscoskeletal examination. I was not asked to move any joints or make any movements at all during my assessment.
    The assessor even said that from observation and also hospital reports he thought I was being very fair saying I could manage to walk between 20 and 50 metres as his opinion personal opinion would be the same.
    However he lied in his report and said he did a physical assessment and that I walked 15 metres to his room. He also said in his opinions I could manage between 50 and 200 metres? I am so confused.
    I have some severe mental problems to and was expecting to receive lower rate PIP for care and for mobility.
    However, I have been assessed as needing high rate for care and nothing for mobility.
    This is actually more money and people have told me to just leave it at that but it's not true and I don't like lies.
    I would much prefer to get what I'm entitled to. I'm also very upset as I really rely on my blue badge and it means more to me than any amount of money.
    This is really upsetting me, I only want what I am entitled to. My Mum has asked for a mandatory reconsideration but should I take this to tribunal?

Wait and see is the name of the game so to speak ,see what MR has to say ,you can't appeal before that's done.

you can apply for a blue badge from your council, you dont need a pip award.

hello you can apply for a blue badge from your council,without being on benefit regards

Quote Originally Posted by Daisybell View Post
    Hi
    I had my assessment done and despite having long term high rate mobility and low rate care DLA I was turned down for even lower rate PIP for mobility but was assessed for higher rate care PIP.
    I asked for a copy of my report and the report says I had only slight reduced mobility during the muscoskeletal examination. I was not asked to move any joints or make any movements at all during my assessment.
    The assessor even said that from observation and also hospital reports he thought I was being very fair saying I could manage to walk between 20 and 50 metres as his opinion personal opinion would be the same.
    However he lied in his report and said he did a physical assessment and that I walked 15 metres to his room. He also said in his opinions I could manage between 50 and 200 metres? I am so confused.
    I have some severe mental problems to and was expecting to receive lower rate PIP for care and for mobility.
    However, I have been assessed as needing high rate for care and nothing for mobility.
    This is actually more money and people have told me to just leave it at that but it's not true and I don't like lies.
    I would much prefer to get what I'm entitled to. I'm also very upset as I really rely on my blue badge and it means more to me than any amount of money.
    This is really upsetting me, I only want what I am entitled to. My Mum has asked for a mandatory reconsideration but should I take this to tribunal?
    Unfortunately this is nothing new they see lying as part of their job, at least your pip assessor wasn't as blatant as the one i had, who claimed that i walked over 300mtrs to the nearest railways station , witch was actually less than 100mtrs away and was more of less straight line distance