Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you suffer from pain?

I'm not sure if its any good for your condition, but I'm on Gabapentin (nerve pain, spinal etc). But I take a high dose along with Tramadol and Codeine. I have the mini-bar of drug dispensers -lol !

If it dont stop the pain, it does allow you to fly around the solar system for a few hours

Quote Originally Posted by Jen66 View Post
    I'm not sure if its any good for your condition, but I'm on Gabapentin (nerve pain, spinal etc). But I take a high dose along with Tramadol and Codeine. I have the mini-bar of drug dispensers -lol !

If it dont stop the pain, it does allow you to fly around the solar system for a few hours
    Thanks for the thought. I like the idea of flying high. lol. Actually I know that the only drug that can ease my pain is morphine based - so I don't touch it due to the side effects.

I guess my pain threshold is pretty high - yes I'm the sort of guy that no longer needs an injection when having a filling - I use 'mind over matter' technique - if you don't mind it doesn't matter!

I phoned the doctor the other day and the earliest he can see me is on Thursday 5 April with his findings. Something tells me he'll just prescribe pain killers. I live with pain 24/7 - 365 days a year. But it still annoys me when another pain arrives then I have to adjust me mindset to accept more discomfort.

I must have upset someone very badly in my former life. lol

Still there's always someone who is worst off than yourself, health wise, so I count my blessings and remain positive.

I have it in my knes and laft hip and i have found the best thing is diclofenac the arthrotec version which protects you tum and tromadol all codeine does is give me constipation .

However i have tried all sorts of combinations of drugs and non of them kill the pain all they do is knock the edge off it and make it slightly easier the put up with . I find sleeping with knee or knees elevated over a pillow/pillows thus keeping my knees bent makes things easier the next day . Not a lot just a little but every little bit is a victory in my eyes . Knee replacement is an alternative but you dont want to go down that road and if you are under 60 they wont do it if you are over 60 they are still very reluctant .I also have arthritis in my spine which effects the nerves in my arms causing me localised areas of intense pain which could last 5 mins ,5 weeks or 5 months

Hobbling more than 3 or 4 steps unaided is out of the question and though i battle on i know one day i will have to use a wheel chair at least some of the time if not most of it

I have osteoarthritis in both knees and both hips and a damaged left shoulder so sleeping more then a couple of hours is a thing of the past!, if it's not the knees rubbing together or the hips nor getting in the right place to lie on every time I roll onto my left side the shoulder wakes me up!. It's almost so funny I've started sleeping sat upright in bed!.

Again the usual mix of Diclofenac, Tramadol, Ibuprofen, Naproxin in various combinations and none of them do a great job for me. Having said that I recently saw a gastroencologist who took me off all my pain meds for 2 weeks, it was only then I realised just how much of the "sharp edge" of the pain they do take off!.

I too get lots of hip, back,knee pain and have been off work now for nearly six months! I have tried everything TENS pain killers galore you name it not much seems to work I do have two massage cushions, shiatsu type things, one is a small cushion that helps lower back and the other is a cushion that goes all the way up my back and down the back of my legs, both have heat too. These do give some relief when things get really bad. Not sure if its the heat or the massage but it does help. Wish I could strap it round me wherever I go
    Nx

I have had 3 clots in my leg have a spur behind my knee cap and have been told i have RA i suffer pain most of the time i find sometimes if i put the hair dryer on at a low setting it helps for a while just be careful if using it

I get upper spine, neck and shoulder pain, It's varies really. I have some good days and bad days. As I was born with Klippel Feil Syndrome, (born with a very short neck - shoulders are a bit uneven too due to ribs are being higher than normal).

I do buy painkillers over the counter, they do give some relief. I also have cushions that helps with my upper spine and neck etc.