Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you suffer from pain?

Do you suffer from pain?

I have a problem - well not one but we won't go into that.

My knee on my so called good leg - it is so painful. At night if I try to stretch this leg I can't do it fully as my knee joint is so painful.

Any ideas on how to help out much appreciated.

I have osteoarthritis in my left knee, and its a killer at night. I have tried everything nothing seems to work. I just massage the knee for ten min's, that helps but the feeling of somebody sticking a hot poker through the knee cap is a killer.
    Doctor will send you for an x-ray or just give you pain killers. I found ibuprofen gel helps but doesn't stop the restless nights sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilH View Post
    I have osteoarthritis in my left knee, and its a killer at night. I have tried everything nothing seems to work. I just massage the knee for ten min's, that helps but the feeling of somebody sticking a hot poker through the knee cap is a killer.
    Doctor will send you for an x-ray or just give you pain killers. I found ibuprofen gel helps but doesn't stop the restless nights sleep.
    Thanks Phil, I've just booked a doc's appointment for Thursday and I'll nip out or rather hobble out for some ibuprofen gel and strong pain killers as suggested. Cheers!!

Here's hoping!

Just DO NOT go over the limit, no matter how bad the pain is.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

dam good point Stephen: also make sure if your taking any other meds they don't interact.Paracetamol reacts with loads of tablets so be careful Please.

Yes, another good point. I hate Paracetamol, they have never worked for me, not even a headache.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

If it's a muscular pain you could try a TENS machine?
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

From my experience TENs machines are useless. I suffer chronic pain and use a daily mixture of paracetamol & Codeine @ max dose along with Tramadol time-release and the odd neurofen.
    When things are worse however Liquid 'Oromorph' or Pethidine tablets help but they tend to reduce you to a zombie like state and are not good for productivity

I saw the doctor this morning. He looked at my knee and wiggled my knee cap back and forth before trying to straighten my leg. I gave out a muffled 'ow' - 'does that hurt'. he asked' at the same time he frowned that made his eyebrows meet in the middle. So I've had my knee xrayed - results in three working days. Drs first thoughts 'cartilage' damage. I'll let you know but in the meantime I'll rub on ibelieve. I hope I don't need micro surgery.

I don't have a TENNS machine but I do use a FES for my other leg. It's a high tech piece of kit that shoots an electric pulse to my foot to raise it when trying to walk - so at present my bad leg is now my good leg.

I believe that paracetamol & Codeine are best pain killers not keen on the second one as it bungs you up!!

No choir practice tonight as my knee might give way trying to get off the stage.
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 15-03-12 at 17:59.