Thread: Social Security Advisory Committee - Paper on Mandatory Reconsideration July 2016

Social Security Advisory Committee - Paper on Mandatory Reconsideration July 2016

An interesting read

This is a very current and pertinent report.

decision-making-and-mandatory-reconsideration-ssac-op18.pdf

Apologies could not manage web link but if you put above phrase into search box you will find document.

There is some very interesting data on % of MR succeeding. Point made about quantity vs quality of MR decision - apparently 95% of MR decision for ESA are made within 10 days of request thereby causing the problem that I have face that a MR is completed before further evidence is sent in. This is inefficient as the cost increase as claimant progress to tribunal. References also made to vulnerable claimants giving up.

It was only published in July so is very current.

It is long and covers more than ESA/PIP. I haven't read the whole report but I wanted points on ESA MR to include in a complaint letter.

I was searching for data as I applied for MR following a 0 points decision for ESA WCA. At the WCA the requested recording failed in the first five minutes. The HCP refused to take the 20 pages of medical evidence I had brought. I also due to my health had no completed the ESA50. Due to my extremely poor health (mental) over the last year I have really struggled.

I requested MR on 19 July and informed the DWP I would be sending detailed information (the HCP had refused to take). The DM on the WCA called 2 times only 25 minutes apart on a Saturday morning - no message was left and I missed these calls. Two request for the decision maker to call back have fallen on deaf ears. No call was made from the MR decision maker. A notice rejecting my MR was dated 27 July before I had chance to send the information in and obviously before the 1 months deadline.

Here's a clickable link to the Executive Summary of the report that Hamlet gives above. (6 pages).
    ssac-op18 Executive summary

And this is a link to the Full Report, with graphs, tables, etc. (86 pages).
    ssac-op18 Full Report
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-08-16 at 23:32.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks both for that. Very interesting and hope some notice will be taken of it all.