Thread: PIP Review form after two years

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PIP Review form after two years

Hi,

My OH was awarded PIP enhanced daily living (mental health reasons) in June 2014 for 3 years.

We have just had the renewal through.

We are really at the same stage we were 2 years ago. His medication has been reviewed numerous times due to not being able to find one that agrees with him.

So i just really wondered if i just tick the 'no change' boxes and send the form back? do i need to write anything too?

Any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks..

As far as I know (hopefully others will confirm) you really need to treat this as a new claim. So completing all the form and sending in medical evidence as before.

Did you keep a copy of the original?

thank you for your reply.

Oh gosh, ok. yes I have a copy of the original. so do I still tick 'no change' but then write in the boxes too, similar to the first time (although the boxes are a lot smaller on this one) :O

Have just done some research and apparently there is a new process in place for PIP reviews and a new form!

Have a read of this:

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/v...ad/9923/#45607

It seems to be saying that you can just tick 'no change' and send any new supporting evidence and new medication.

However, note the post about if you had to appeal the original decision then it may be sensible to send the tribunal decision information.

You could give CAB a ring to check.

is this form one of the new pip forms, (AR1)? you need to decide whether as you say everything is the same now as was before despite the med changes, if so then put no change and see what happens. Or you need to treat it as a complete renewal and give all the info you did before.

I can't see AR1 on the form anywhere but its a 20 page form at the bottom is says PIP.1043 and PIP making sure your award is right.

then inside its says 'has it got easier to harder to do the things you need to do every day in your life? or have things stayed the same.
    if you answer easier to harder to a question please give us more details. if you answer no change you can move on to the next question. you don't need to give us more information.

So I suppose I have answered my own question really. But I think I meant should I add information to help my claim or literally just leave it blank? Obviously we have bad and good days, those bad days get worse when changing meds but it was like that before. I think it just doesn't feel right not writing anything as will they look at the old form? or do I need to remind them? so many questions

Quote Originally Posted by whattodo02 View Post

if you answer easier to harder to a question please give us more details. if you answer no change you can move on to the next question. you don't need to give us more information.
    Hi
    Yes you have one of the new renewal forms. They are designed to reduce the number of f2f assessments. Unless you have significant change I would do as the form suggests.....tick 'no change' and move on to the next question. If they require more info they will ask you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaG View Post
    Hi
    Yes you have one of the new renewal forms. They are designed to reduce the number of f2f assessments. Unless you have significant change I would do as the form suggests.....tick 'no change' and move on to the next question. If they require more info they will ask you for it.
    thank you - off box ticking I go