Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should DWP & Co be punished for bad decisions?

Should DWP & Co be punished for bad decisions?

I think a lot of us have become very bitter about decisions that have been made. People have been struggling mentally, physically & financially because of potential bad decisions.

It will be 9 months on me & it's drained out of me. I'm at the appeal stage and very bitter to be at this stage.

The decisions that these people make are huge, but yet they still make bad decisions. If it was the normal human being making mistakes, they would get punished, so shouldn't these people?

Should the DWP pick up the cost of other stuff too? I personally have been unable to get a disabled railcard because of the decision. It's probably cost my £200+ extra because of it. I suspect people are in a similar boat too. Also assume people have had extra cost through inability to get motorbility scheme.

I think these people should get a fine for every bad decision, then it might make them make better decisions?

Have you made any formal complaints?

robrg655
    its not so much bad decisions there just telling blatant lies to stop ya benefits,its not us disabled that should be interigated its pip/atos n co that should be interigated into bad decisions/lies.there was a video knocking about,this atos/pip employee was boasting how many peoples benefits he stopped,also i belive these medical/pip assesors are on good money for every person they stop money.

Quote Originally Posted by robrg655 View Post
    its not so much bad decisions there just telling blatant lies to stop ya benefits,its not us disabled that should be interigated its pip/atos n co that should be interigated into bad decisions/lies.there was a video knocking about,this atos/pip employee was boasting how many peoples benefits he stopped,also i belive these medical/pip assesors are on good money for every person they stop money.
    Thats terrible. Hope the guy was sacked.

Its obvious that some are not happy with the decision they get and some pip decisions discussed on here do seem mad, however, it also true that some of the assessors are actually nice and have even told some applicants of other benefits they should think about claiming. Mine was very fair and I got the same pip as I had dla- Just adding in for fairness

robrg655
    yes the guy was sacked.to me its just way to strict.i was on low dla hi mobility i had those for life,my condition got worse yet they stopped all my money,the pip questionaire is pretty much same as dla mobility entitlement so why they stopped my money is beyond me.the atos assesor who done my pip medical was ohhhhh robert youve had hard life with your health ect ect yet i scored 0 points and report was full of lies.i think its hit n miss,its basically pot luck.

hi i have had two home visit from atos and both times the assessors are actually nice and made me feel at ease, so not all bad regards

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    hi i have had two home visit from atos and both times the assessors are actually nice and made me feel at ease, so not all bad regards
    Me too, I have had three assessments and whereas I had to appeal one of them all the assessors were polite and respectful.

i think if the case goes to appeal and gets overturned there should be a penalty. Maybe that way the assessments would be fare and honest.

I'm not too sure it is the assessors at fault. I am talking from my own point of view and have had two assessments, both turned down by dwp. My first one the assessor advised pip on both mobility and daily living but dwp made capita change it. I actually have a sar ftom the dwp and they were saying that they felt it "too generous" so advised capita to amend to make a non award and the second one was also done by capita and they gave tge same points as tge last time making a non award.

It's at the mandatory reconsideration stage at the moment. If you got your subject access requests from dwp you would see its not always the assessor. It's dwp who somehow have power over them and tell them to amend.